+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 4/17 episode **spoilers**

Glad to see Jennifer gone. Matt should probably be next. Why won't he EVER drop that schtick of his? I know he has a good voice, I wish he'd play it straight and let us hear it for real sometime.
    George impressed me most tonight. I looooooove Cajun music - you can never be grumpy when cajun/zydeco is playing. I'm glad he went in a bouncy direction tonight to show he does have a lighter side. See Matt, he can change it up!

But still, Brad all the way! Brad to win, Brad to become rich and famous, Brad to father my childre --- erm... Brad to win!

My first thought.... Its not a good idea to sing with Trace Adkins. That man has a wonderful big deep voice. And its not so much Lance sang off key. He just tried to sing the song as Trace does... and he could not hit those low notes.

But I watched it all intently cause Trace Adkins is a whole lotta of man to get to see on TV singing live!

I thought Matt did alright... he decided to slow the song down and give it his style. Which suited him. Terri Clark is another big voice that can only point out how weak someone else is... but I did like Matt's twang on the ending notes... He knew she was going to out sing him and did his best not to look bad.

I am still not impressed with George... and singing with Trace Adkins made it clear George does not have a wide range of vocal abilities. Have I mention Trace Adkins is a whole lotta of man?

Now Brad is my favorite but this was not one of his best performances. He is out standing when singing his own stuff... that is what makes him stand out to me.

For the person who ask about the going on's with this Show... Yes, the talent on Nashville Now has to have "real" talent. They have to be a real musician & a song writer. Plus most are over the age of 30. Which means you get maturity.

But the men have far outshined the women on this version. To me none of the girls this time had real good voices... they all were a little girly with the singing and none of them really let go and sang their ass off. I am still amazed that they did not find stronger women singers for this contest. It may have been a real case of the nerves for the girls... I hope to see better women in the next version.
    Last edited by gaby; 04-18-2004 at 02:30 AM.

FORT Regular
    If Stephanie Urbina Jones had not pulled out she would have been that strong female. (she was one of the original 20 finalists-she was replaced with Jennifer Hicks)

Brad did well with Trace- that was the only duet that I liked.

On the individual song portion- I didn't like anyones song selection.

Heres how I see it.

1. brad
    2. George
    3. Matt
    4. Lance

i would not cross the street and pay money to see any of these 4 perform.

In NS 1 news- you can download john Arthurs new album from i-Tunes now (it's not due to be released to stores til May 4.) Even if you don't download, you can listen to the sample clips.

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballler
    Yayyyyyyyyy Brad is my favorite, GO BRAD, except I hate this song, it gets so overplayed on these reality singing shows.
    He sounded good, but I can't believe he's singing a pop song on Nashville Star. I guess current "country" radio is going to love him.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Next is George singing On the Bayou? I think that is the name...I love the song. Upbeat, makes me want to dance. George sounds good tonight.
    The song was Jambalya, an old Hank Williams Sr. song. He sounded good, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballler
    I havent been able to place but one call. How are the rest of you getting through?
    I had no trouble at all getting through. I wonder if that's a bad sign (for the 2 I was voting for).

Quote Originally Posted by loompaunc
    Thanks!! Enjoyed my first time watching Nashville Star...though it was a bit long, IMO. Seemed to be a lot of talk between the songs. But I enjoyed the singing talent more on this show than on American Idol.
    Glad to have you on board!

I watch American Idol too, and Nashville Star is waaaay better, IMO. The talent is better, the production is better, the music is better. I haven't heard a performance yet on NS that was so bad it made me cringe (or want to run for the cotton balls). Can't say the same for AI.

I'm sure some of it is the age factor, no age restrictions on NS and it shows. Some of it is that I like the NS style of music better.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    I am still not impressed with George... and singing with Trace Adkins made it clear George does not have a wide range of vocal abilities. Have I mention Trace Adkins is a whole lotta of man? .
    And Trace Adkins has a wide range of vocal abilities? Don't get me wrong, I love the man, but he is very nasally. Buddy Jewel was pefect for a duet with him...anyone else was going to have trouble. I thought they both did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Next is Lance...crud I wanted him gone. He is singing Big City. The song fits his voice. I still don't like the nasal quality to his singing.

I hope Jennifer goes tonight. I love Matt and don't want to see him go.
    I love Lance! The first couple weeks I didn't, but once he sang his own song and got more comfortable on stage, he's really grown on me. There is a part of me who wishes he would win, so I could say, see! America really does want good old twangy country back!

I like Jennifer. I would rather have seen Matt go, although I like him too. I agree with Tracy, he shouldn't win this, but he definitely does have something. His vocals are definitely not up to par with the other three. I hope the final 3 are George, Lance, and Brad. I'd like to see it come down to George and Lance. Then I'd be pretty happy whoever won.

I must say that Lance is really winning me over more and more. He was great tonight, I really enjoyed his performance & I'm glad my predictions didn't come through and that he's still in the running for Nashville Star. It'll be exciting to see who wins, these guys are ALL Good.

I loved George's performance last night, I've been waiting for him to kick it up a notch and perform something more fast-paced and boy did he pull that off.

Loved Terri Clark & Trace Adkins, must be touch singing duets with those two, they both have very dominating & powerful voices. Definitely better than JoDee Messina last year, for those of you who watched last year, remember how she hogged the spotlight?

Altho I'd like George to win I realize he has some tough competition to beat, and my list looks like this now:

1. George
    2. Lance
    3. Brad
    4. Matt

Go George!
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast