+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 4/17 episode **spoilers**

FORT Fan
    Here is the numbers for you

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet
    Duets w/Terri Clark and Trace Adkins
    Down to five finalists

Brad Cotter – Drift Away – Void in country music and believes he can fill it. National star.. from the judges!
    1-866-978-2701

George Canyon – Mi oh my oh – I wasn’t completely impressed, his voice was a little shaky tonight. Judges said; Star quality.. Energy, great job..
    from the judges.
    1-866-978-2702

Lance Miller – Dirty old City – I wasn’t impressed.. he’s still nasally.. Judges said; loved him, made the song your own, every time you sing I want a beer.
    from the judges, from me
    1-866-978-2703

Matt Lindhal – Chug a lug, chugalug – God I hate him!! I wish he’d been booted. He sings in the style of old country like story country. All the noises he makes just points out that he’s not a great singer.
    Judges: Your funny, but.. You’re not as strong a vocalist, you don’t deserve this record deal.
    from the judges. from me
    1-866-978-2704

Jennifer Hicks was booted.

Brad Cotter
    1-866-978-2701

George Canyon
    1-866-978-2702

Lance Miller
    1-866-978-2703

Matt Lindhal
    1-866-978-2704

There ya go
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fan
    I havent been able to place but one call. How are the rest of you getting through?

Thanks!! Enjoyed my first time watching Nashville Star...though it was a bit long, IMO. Seemed to be a lot of talk between the songs. But I enjoyed the singing talent more on this show than on American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballler
    I havent been able to place but one call. How are the rest of you getting through?
    I've gotten through several times for Brad. I have to say, though, that the "Thanks for voting" message cracks me up! The accent sounds so contrived.

FORT Fan
    I wish they bring back thier voices like they did last year, each finalist had thier own recording, I wonder why they didnt do that this year.

I was wondering....were these contestants performing songs that they wrote? I skimmed through a couple of threads just now and it seemed like people were saying that. If so, I'm mega impressed! Not necessarily because the songs were all that great, but just because there are such higher standards for this, instead of just getting up there and singing a song. Also, I really like that they let the contestants play guitars. Again, I think my level of impressment is due to my two years of watching American Idol, where they don't do either of these (write or play instruments).

FORT Fan
    This week no they did not sing thier own song, but next week they probably will. Week before last they had to perform a song they wrote and usually in the finals they have to sing at least one song that they wrote or co-wrote. Many of the contestants also play other instruments like keyboards, banjos, washboards. I agree with you many of them are better than ones on American Idol , one of main reasons is there is no cut off age for the contestants, last year the winner Buddy Jewel was over 40.

I got in my votes on line pretty quickly. They immediately shut me off after ten, which is unusual. I've only been able to get in one vote so far for Lance. All telephone circuits are busy here. They're usually down until about 45 minutes after the show is over. I'll just have to wait til later to call.

Good show. I wasn't impressed with Matt tonight. I watch him every week, and I feel like I still don't know if he can sing. I'm sure that sounds stupid, but he's just so outrageous. He's funny and all, but not a serious singer, imo.

I hate that Bayou song that "George", aka Fred Lays sang. He did an alright job with it, though.

I didn't hear the bad note from Lance that Dagwood mentioned. I'll have to rewatch and see if I catch it. Lance will be home Monday for his benefit concert. I doubt I'll be able to go, because there's no way I can stand in line for tickets for hours. Hopefully he raises a lot of money. Concert proceeds to go to the American Red Cross. There will also be a parade in town. I'll definitely be there for that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loompaunc
    I was wondering....were these contestants performing songs that they wrote?
    okay, so now I'm commenting on my own dumb question...since I didn't get around to changing the channel when it went off, it's on again, and I remember now that Brad sang "Drift Away" and DUH he didn't write that.

But after y'all told me about how they do write or co-write some of their songs, I'm still impressed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast