+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Five Remaining

The Five Remaining

I must say that some of the ones I thought would never make it have stepped up and are reall quite good.

Lance - I think that Lance is a good singer and he could go far but he is a little to nasely for me. My husband loves his song "Beer just ain't for breakfast anymore"

Jennifer - I have really begun to like Jennifer, her singing has picked up a lot. Possibly a chance to win.

Brad- Brad is a great singer and will probably get a record deal, but I think that he needs to get away from
    "the cry in your beer songs"

Matt - I love Matt. He is origional, funny, is having fun and really dosen't care what you think of him. We need more people that are not all stressed out. Unfortunatly I don't think that he will win but I hope he get a record deal out of this. I would definatly buy one.

George - George can sing! there is no doubt about it. Unfortunatly I think that his personality needs some work. Stop being so humble. Step it up, show some attitude, some something. Will probably win.

JMHO
    Last edited by CorgisRule; 04-16-2004 at 09:18 PM.

I have to agree with you about Lance. His personality is fine and all, and he's not a bad vocalist... but the nasal quality to his voice... well, I just don't care for it.

Jennifer is growing on me as well, however she's still not my favorite. She has one of those voices which certainly needs to be very careful about the material she choses.

I'm a Brad Fan. I'd love to do something else with that hair of his, but other than that, I think he's wonderful. His voice has wonderful tone, range, and pitch. He doesn't need to do the "tricks" sometimes used by vocalists when they're in a range they're uncomfortable with in a song (i.e.: adjusting their volume to be much louder or softer in order to hit the note), he remains constant throughout. He has a nice stage presence and interacts well with the judges. I personally like the songs he's written and don't find them mellow-dramatic at all.

Matt... good ol' Matt. He's quite an entity of his own, isn't he? Don't get me wrong, I like him, but I don't know... my jury is still out (so to speak). He certainly is entertaining though!

George. George is good. He's got a good voice and good tone. He has a little too much bacca in his voice for my liking, but like I said... that's just my liking. Good presence and strong performances. He seems to have quite a strong fan base as well.

Lance - I actually like his voice quite a bit. More importantly though I like the two original songs he played. I would be more inclined to buy his CD than any of the others because no matter how good someone can sing if I don't like thier songs I won't listen to them. I realize he isn't favored to win, but I think he'd make a great Nashville Star.

Jennifer - I did like her better than any of the other women. I'm still not sold on her though and would be a little disappointed if she won.

Brad - I recognize his talent but he doesn't do it for me. Most of his notes sound good but every song I've heard has had at least one note that just sounds sour to me.

George - I like his voice and his sweet disposition. I didn't like his original song though. I felt the same way about Buddy last year too.

Matt - I don't see him winning, but I've been more entertained by him than any of the others all season. He's got a lot of personality and charisma. I wish he would have picked some more songs that demonstrate his huge vocal range. The guy can really sing, but he's been more focused on humor and stage presence than vocals.

Matt - I don't see him winning, but I've been more entertained by him than any of the others all season. He's got a lot of personality and charisma. I wish he would have picked some more songs that demonstrate his huge vocal range. The guy can really sing, but he's been more focused on humor and stage presence than vocals.

+ Reply to Thread