+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 4/10 episode **spoilers**

Wonder if ya have to be a 100% country music & cowboy fan to see George's appeal. I've loved country music all my life and am really enjoying George's pure and "old fashioned" country music & cowboy image he has going. All my country music idols have this kind of image & he just really fits right in there. I just love him & I think he did great tonight...altho now I wanna hear that song he sung in New York, looks like it was pretty powerful :-)

Tonight's show was great, it's getting down to the wire & everyone left are really great artists. Matt is doing good, I thought I would get bored with him but he continues to amaze me, I think he'll hang in there for another week or two.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Wonder if ya have to be a 100% country music & cowboy fan to see George's appeal.
    Uh, No.

The thing about George is he does not strike me as being himself... as much as he is trying to be "what" he thinks is country. There are oodles of these type of country singers... that never make it past being a bar band. And I draw my bias conclusion on the fact I spent my 4 years of College in the bars in Ft Worth on the weekends... were there are oodles of great bands.. that never made it out of the bars.

Its always going to be about having a style that sells. Such as someone point out with Kenny Chesney... the boy is not a great singer and does not have that all-american cowboy thing going on... what he has is a "style" that he has been able to sell. Reminds me of Garth Brooks...

Now if one wanted to talk about talent... and being a really outstanding country act.... Alan Jackson leaps to my mind... And he is pretty too!

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballler
    I think George will probably win but I am rooting for Brad. Just my preference
    I think Brad will win, but I'm rooting for George.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat
    Me too. We just have to hope that Matt's RedCaps will be out in full force voting for him, and that he has more fans than Lance fan-a-tics.
    I just don't get the appeal of Lance's nasal twang
    I like Lance's "nasal twang." I liked him when he sang George Jones and Jesus, then didn't like him for a few weeks until he sang Beer is Not for Breakfast. So maybe he's one of those singers who needs his own songs to shine.

Anyway, it sounds like good ole' country to me, not this pop nonesense that passes for country these days. He reminds me more of George Jones than of Merle though. Ever listen to George Jones? He is supposedly the #1 country star ever...and the man is very nasal. It's more old style country and Radio Boy Billy would never play it, I'm sure.

I think Lance may be going home next week though, and that's okay. For me, it would be between Lance and Jennifer going home. It's getting way harder to see any of them leave.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat
    Why in the hell are Lynyrd Skynyrd singing a song by the Warren Idiots?
    I would rather hear one of their own GOOD songs.
    Can we vote Lynryd Skynyrd off and keep the rest of the guys

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Wonder if ya have to be a 100% country music & cowboy fan to see George's appeal. I've loved country music all my life and am really enjoying George's pure and "old fashioned" country music & cowboy image he has going. All my country music idols have this kind of image & he just really fits right in there. I just love him & I think he did great tonight...altho now I wanna hear that song he sung in New York, looks like it was pretty powerful :-)
    I just love the sound of his voice. The more I hear him, the more I want to hear him. I guess he needs to let more of his personality shine through. But I think maybe he still gets nervous out there, based on Nancy's comment that he still shakes every time. I don't think his image is "old fashioned country" at all. That would be Lance, if anyone.

+ Reply to Thread