+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have your picks changed?

Have your picks changed?

How many people have changed their opinion since the first show?

After the first show My final 4 picks were George, Brad, Stacey Michelle and Richie Jones. with George being the winner.

Now after 3 weeks I think that Brad will win and George will come in second.
    I think that Brad has more personality and his singing is getting better each week. George needs to lighten up.

I can't believe that Ritchie and Stacey Michelle have already been cut.

I would also like to say that I love Mathew Lindahl, I just don't think that judges do. He is laid back, himself and dosen't put up a front and is funny. But also agree with the judges that he is not a headliner unless he steps it up. I think that his voice is awesome and has great range and has great potential.
    Last edited by CorgisRule; 03-30-2004 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spelling

AFter the first show my pick was George and it's still George.

However my opinion has changed regarding a couple of people. Matt for one, I like him but he's starting to "get old" ... he's charming, he has a good voice etc, and I agree with above & judges, he's more of a "warm up" kind of guy :-)

My opinion of Lance changed last time, it seems he loosened up a little but I'm not convinced yet...however I do like him better now than I have before.

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Fan
    I think the final 3 will come down to Brad, Jennifer and George. My thoughts are same from 2nd episode on.

From the first show my favorites were George, Richie, & Stacy. Richie got cut before he even had a chance (he was ROBBED). Stacy got cut, which is unfortunate since she has such a different sound from the rest of the women.
    Now my favorite is still George, but Brad is a close second. I have been very impressed with him as the show has gone on. I even ordered his CD, it is great. I still haven't made up my mind on Lance, he was good last week though. He needs to keep the cowboy hat!

FORT Regular
    Boy Xmaskat, do we think alike!

I still hope Matt will win but after the song he sang last week that he wrote I think he will be out tonight. I hope I'm wrong. I think he's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn_in_NC
    I still hope Matt will win but after the song he sang last week that he wrote I think he will be out tonight. I hope I'm wrong. I think he's awesome.
    I think that Matt has enough fans to keep him on the show for a while longer. Did you see all the 'red hats' in the audience every week?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn_in_NC
    I love Matt, but I don't see him winning. And I don't think he should. But I really hope he sticks around awhile longer, and I hope good things happen for him. And btw, I love that original song, I was grinning like an idiot at the end of it. There always was a place in country music for humor..what has happened lately to take that away? Radio (if not country music itself) is taking itself way too seriously these days. I agree with Matt, we all need to lighten up.

For me, tho, George still is the best. He has the most incredible voice. I would definitely buy a CD.

Brad and Lance have both stepped it up lately, and I'm liking them too. I didnt like Lance the first couple weeks, but now that he is more comfortable and showing what he can do, I like it. Brad kind of blended in for me until the original song. I don't know if I would buy either of their CDs. Maybe Lance before Brad.

I started off liking Jennifer, but I think she got off track for awhile. Last night (Mamas Don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys) was a good one for her. Still, I don't think she should win, and hope she doesn't.

Brent is okay, but he's young and needs a little seasoning. I don't think he should win it all either. He may be in trouble, because Brad is a cutie too, and more talented.

I'd like to see the top three either George, Brad, and Matt or George, Brad, and Lance. It's going to get harder and harder seeing these guys eliminated.

Satan- known as Mau Mau munchbot's Avatar
    My favorite from the beginning has been Brad , still is.

I guess I am in the minority, I am not so impressed with George.
    Just doesn't touch me. He is good, but I don't know, same old everyweek.

Still mad they kicked the blonde chick off so early, she was way better than the 2 they kicked off last night.

Still, its a really entertaining show.

The first episode had me worried - they were all so good I didn't want anyone to get cut. But now Matt's pretty much worn out his act with me, and George is a little too solemn and has a silly made-up name. I don't care for Lance's old-school voice (he is good, just not my cup of tea), and Jennifer bugs the hell out of me with her Susanna Hoffs faces. That leaves Brad and Brent, who are my picks for #1 and 2, respectively. Lance or George can be 3 and 4, in no particular order, and either Jennifer or Matt can go next week, with the other following right behind.

+ Reply to Thread