+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats your opinion?

Whats your opinion?

I just want to say first off that I am a huge fan of Nashville Star.

But my question is shouldn't they have people on there that do not already have record contracts?

My 2 favorites are George Canyon (which I think will win) and Mathew Lindahl. But I just found out that they both already have albums out. Shouldn't we be giving people a chance that don't already have a shot?

By the way I want to add that I think Marty is terrible and is JUST a back-up singer
    Last edited by CorgisRule; 03-23-2004 at 02:29 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Do they have a record company already backing them or are they independent CDs? I think it just shows how hard they have already been working on their careers, and this exposure may just be the push they need to go over the top.

Well, I don't know about Matthew, but for George it's not like it's a major album or anything. He has two albums which HE recorded on HIS label. It's like if one of us recorded a couple songs on a computer and burned them really. And he has had success in Canada, but what most don't realize is Canadian radio MUST play 60% Canada stuff, which means our independant artists get airtime. However, George could never find success in the US, or even on a major market in Canada with his two albums.

Like I said, I don't know about Matthew, but I'd imagine to be on the show the album would have to be independant. I also imagine many of the contestants have similar albums.
    You look like the kind of guy that would kick somebody's butt and then lead them to the Lord.

George Canyon for Nashville Star!
    Check my profile for the official George Canyon Fanlisting.

Quote Originally Posted by CorgisRule
    I just want to say first off that I am a huge fan of Nashville Star.

But my question is shouldn't they have people on there that do not already have record contracts?

My 2 favorites are George Canyon (which I think will win) and Mathew Lindahl. But I just found out that they both already have albums out. Shouldn't we be giving people a chance that don't already have a shot?

By the way I want to add that I think Marty is terrible and is JUST a back-up singer
    Several of the contestants last year had CDs - Buddy Jewel, john Arthur, and Miranda Lambert, as well as a couple of the others, I think. They were independently made CDs, not by a major label. I don't have a problem with it, and I think it increases the talent level that they've already been out their doing it.

As long as they haven't been promoted by an official recording company I don't think it's any harm that they already have cds that they have already produced on their own, independently with their own money etc.

The fact that they've actually produced their own independent albums and so on proves to me how serious they are about making it in this industry & I do'nt think they should be punished for that by not qualifying for a competition like this

Now if a record company like Sony had produced & promoted their album then that's another matter.... :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread