+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should women win?

Should women win?

3-22-2004

Hey Country Music Fans!!!

I want to ask you a question. Should the ladies win on Nashville Star based on talent? Yes or No..

In my opinion, I've been watch a lot of reality show like Survivor and American Idol. On Survivor, I saw four women won the title of sole survivor. Tina Wesson from Survivor:Austrailia, Vecepia Towery from Survivor:Marquesas, Jenna Morasca from Survivor:The Amazon, and Sandra Diaz-Twine from Survivor: Pearl Islands. And on American Idol, Kelly Clarkson was the first lady won on American Idol.

I'm hoping I'm pulling for the lovely Jennifer Hicks. Jennifer haves talent and she will go all the way.

Go Jennifer!!!

IMO, no. The women are not as strong as the men this year on Nashville Star. I'm thinking that George and Brent probably have the best shot to win. I might throw Brad in as a shot to win as well since he was America's choice.
    Dance every dance, and live each day as though it's your last and tell those who you love how you feel before it's to late. Life is right here and now, we only go around just one time, so embrace them don't waste them for these are the days of our lives.
    Rooting for Kasey Kahne, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr. & Kevin Harvick for the Nascar Nextel Cup and Congrats to Kasey Kahne for winning 2005 Rookie Of The Year!!!

FORT Regular
    The women are weaker than the men this year- but I bet one gets in the top 3, probably Jennifer.

I thought last years crop had a lot more energy and appeal than this year's bunch.

I can't believe these are the best women singers NS could find. I wish Stephanie Urbina Jones would have stayed in the competition. (she was picked as one of the 20, but dropped out prior to the show starting) She can sing, write and perform with originality.

As far as this year's competition goes, I dont think any of the women should win...its not based on gender but on pure talent.... the women this year are definitely not the best in this competition.

Last year there were a few good women, Miranda Lambert for one, she came in third, the women this year can't hold a candle to the ones we saw last year (including crybaby Brandi She still had talent )
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I think the women are pretty good this year but the men are even better. But I'm probably a little biased since I have a preference for male country artists in general. There's only a handful of popular female country artists that I really like, but I like lots of the men.

Not this year. The women are no where as good as the men this go round. I think George will win, and Jennifer will make it the farthest of the women.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Not this year. The women are no where as good as the men this go round. I think George will win, and Jennifer will make it the farthest of the women.
    Youn know what I think, I think women like Jennifer, Marty, or Sheila will make it far determines how good they are.

I don't think any of the women this year are good enough to win. I find Jennifer to be the best, but her rendition of Rose Garden was very weak. Last year's women were better, in general, IMO.

FORT Regular
    As of now, I can't see any of the women winning. Heck I can barely see any of the men winning.

I'm really hoping that when they start focusing on the contestants' individual material things will pick up.

FORT Regular
    I'm not blown away by any of them. I'm looking forward to the original songs. Maybe it'll help me be more enthusiastic about this year's contestants. I still can't help but compare them to the excitement I felt watching last year's group. Do you think the way they're producing it cuts down on some of the excitement?

By this time last year I was buying contestant CD's....
    Last edited by djbee; 03-23-2004 at 08:27 PM. Reason: left something out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast