+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should women win?

FORT Regular
    At least Robert K brought some class and knowledge to the judging table, not to mention enthusiasm. And I never thought I'd want Charlie back, but he's much better than Billy or the brothers.

Wow, I don't remember hearing that! Which show was it? I have them all taped, I need to go back and listen. I find those two clowns offensive just in general. I don't know where they came from (never heard of them before), but I can't help wondering if that's the best they could do for judges. I really miss Robert K. and Charlie.
    It was the week she was wearing the blue dress I believe. It was within the last two weeks she was on the show. One week they had no one voted off, and then the next week they voted off two. It was one of those weeks. I got really upset and didn't watch for a week after that, so I can't remember how long ago it was. Yes watch it... it's really upsetting. I miss Robert and Charlie as well. Billy doesn't bother me too much except for all the radio references. Seems like he's toned down on those recently though.

FORT Regular
    Next year I suggest Tracy, Robert K, and a FEMALE country star. That should put an end to the sexist comments. (although Robert K might swear again if he gets excited)

I heard that comment and thought it was really obnoxious. They said something like, "Now all you need is a wardrobe malfunction and you can be a big star." I can't remember the exact wording, but that was the jist. It was just laaaaame.

I heard that comment and thought it was really obnoxious. They said something like, "Now all you need is a wardrobe malfunction and you can be a big star." I can't remember the exact wording, but that was the jist. It was just laaaaame.
    Whew! Glad I'm not going crazy and that someone else heard it as well. What jerks.

I wasn't offended by his wardrobe malfunction comment. Probably because I agree with his overall point. She didn't show enough talent as a singer and she didn't show much personality either. The only way she would make it as a solo artist is if there was some sort of controversy that got people to talk about her.

I see your point, but I doubt his intention was to offend women everywhere. He was making a Janet Jackson joke, like many others have also done. It may have been a little harsh, but I recall quite a few harsh comments from Charlie and Robert last year too.

I don't mind being the sole dissenting voice though. Glad you decided to join us over here Roxanne. That is a gorgeous little girl in your av. Is she yours?

I don't mind being the sole dissenting voice though. Glad you decided to join us over here Roxanne. That is a gorgeous little girl in your av. Is she yours?
    Yep... that's my angel, and thank you!

I see your point about the "wardrobe malfunction" comment, and I also completely and totally agree with you regarding her lack of personality. The poor girl was just... bland. Oh, and personally I like the "sole dissenting voice". I'm always very welcome to the idea of looking at things in a completely different way as well as I am to the voices who make the points which open the door so I can. However, I still feel the same way. If she wasn't showing the same talent as the rest of the contestants, or if her performances weren't up to par, then say so. Don't suggest that she would have to let her breast fall out of her dress in order to get people to watch/listen to her. Think about it... would the Warren Brother's ever tell a male contest "Man, that was just mediocre. The only way your going to get anyone to listen to your music is if a wardrobe malfunction would let your penis fall out of your pants." It's the fact that the gate doesn't swing both ways which makes me angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky Tuscadero
    I rewatched the old shows, and I did hear him say that. One said that about the wardrobe malfunction, then the other one said he looked like the guy who pulled off Janet Jackson's top's uncle. (Implying, I gathered, he would like to be the one to cause the wardrobe malfunction.) Couple of jerks. I guess they think they're funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    I see your point about the "wardrobe malfunction" comment, and I also completely and totally agree with you regarding her lack of personality. The poor girl was just... bland.
    My apologies ahead of time for cutting your post, but I wanted to point out the part of response - especially with it being what 2 weeks after the fact? I'm just a little slow!

The wardrobe malfunction comment was very inappropriate - I don't know that they meant it the way it came off sounding....may have just been trying to be funny and not realizing how it sounded. It was like sorry Marty, but unless you expose yourself then you won't make it.

I haven't met Marty but each time I've passed her at the shows, she's always acknowledged with a smile or a hello. I also went to the show that they did at the Wildhorse for the troops with Montgomery Gentry. There was a totally different Marty to come out on that stage that night. I have to say that I was more impressed with her performance there that night. But it made me wonder if she was more comfortable with having her three "teammates" on stage with her and was more of a comfort zone as with the backup singer job?

I have to say that I was more impressed with her performance there that night. But it made me wonder if she was more comfortable with having her three "teammates" on stage with her and was more of a comfort zone as with the backup singer job?
    I think that maybe, you're right. She has a terrific voice, and she certainly is pretty. It's just that's she's missing that "x" factor. That little edge that would keep your eye on her while she's onstage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234