+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should women win?

Really dj you don't think George stands out above the rest??

FORT Regular
    I think he does stand out above the rest.

I'm waiting for him to show that he enjoys what he does-and for his original songs. Really he's obviously got the voice- he just needs to put a little more emotion into his performances.

Quote Originally Posted by djbee
    he just needs to put a little more emotion into his performances.
    If you want emotion you oughtta see George's video for 'Her Everything' *wonders is CMT Canada plays that anymore*.......
    You look like the kind of guy that would kick somebody's butt and then lead them to the Lord.

George Canyon for Nashville Star!
    Check my profile for the official George Canyon Fanlisting.

Quote Originally Posted by allmychildren
    Youn know what I think, I think women like Jennifer, Marty, or Sheila will make it far determines how good they are.
    Are you saying that if the women make it far in the competition it means they're good? I think it means they were able to get more people to vote for them.

It worked out pretty good last year for the winner and runner up (and Miranda in third place), but there were definitely less talented people who made it further than some of the more talented who were voted off (or thrown off by the judges). At least, IMO. Same thing this year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Are you saying that if the women make it far in the competition it means they're good? I think it means they were able to get more people to vote for them.
    At least I made 20 votes last Saturday night(3-27-2004) to pull for Jennifer Hicks, and her song "Lost in the Magic", its beautiful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djbee
    The women are weaker than the men this year- but I bet one gets in the top 3, probably Jennifer.

I thought last years crop had a lot more energy and appeal than this year's bunch.

I can't believe these are the best women singers NS could find. I wish Stephanie Urbina Jones would have stayed in the competition. (she was picked as one of the 20, but dropped out prior to the show starting) She can sing, write and perform with originality.

The women are much weaker than the men this year; and definitely weaker than the group from last year!
    When Stephanie Urbina Jones dropped out, Jennifer Hicks was selected in her place. Jennifer is the best of the women remaining, she will probably wind up in the top 3.
    I liked Stacy Michelle, and was sorry to see her eliminated so early.
    I reallly wanted to see Stephanie Urbina Jones, she is very talented. She has some songs you can listen to on her website. She dropped out because Sony would have rights to her songs for a certain period of time. Stephanie already has several songs out on Texas radio, so it was probably a smart move for her to withdraw from the competition.

Now this week on Nashville Star, only one woman left. Only Jennifer Hicks may survive and maybe she'll be the first woman won on Nashville Star.

FORT Regular
    I don't think she'll win, but she'll be top 3 for sure.

I didn't even like Jennifer until this week. Her rendition of "Mamas..." was really good. I think she has a good shot at the top three.

I"ve been a Jennifer fan from the beginning. Hoping she's in the top 3.
    Just keep singing, just keep singing, just keep singing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast