+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Oh I did want to say... I was happy with so many of the singers tonight were picking older songs to sing... instead of choosing songs that are currents hits. The one girl did pick out that Martina McBride song... which was a bad idea.

I loved Brad Cotter's selection (Bellamy Brothers "Let the love flow)... Those Bellamy Brothers may not be much to look at... but they have the best songs! Brent Keith... who did "Loving all night" ... for those who ask about who Rodney Crowell is... that was one of his songs... And it was a hit for Rodney when he released it...

FORT Regular
    This is the way I call it:

George
    Brent
    Brad
    Jennifer

George may be too traditional for what Sony wants, but he was heads and tails above the rest this week.

I never liked Brent before, but he looked much more at home this week and comfortable- and he nailed the song.

Brad was good-very cool.

I never liked Jennifer before, but I thought she was the best of the gals.

The rest were not memorable at all. I really don't see what so many folks see in Lance- this was his best performance yet, but he still was weak and nervous. I thought he or one of the gals should have been cut before Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Lance is singing That's the way Love Goes. He's not my favorite. There is something about him that bugs me.
    Thank you! I thought I was the only one who was bugged by him!

FORT Fogey
    Jennifer reminds me of Pam Tillis a bit in how she was singing that song. I love Pam Tillis, but I'm not sure Jennifer is strong enough to be in the same league. She was the best of the females, though. I like Brad (dimples!), I thought Brent was pretty good, and I think Matt could be a GREAT entertainer. But I am in love, love, love with George. Formula...The name "George" + looks cute in a cowboy hat + great voice + loves his wife & says hello to his babies = country star!

Wow what a shocker evening...first Stacy goes, then Mal. I can't believe it... I honestly thought they would cut one of the girls....none of them are really that great.

George is still my favorite, he just proves himself every week, he's just such a rock & definitely a traditional country music star & I'm happy to see it actually. I think it's time for another country star like him Country music has been populated with more "modern" music lately & altho I'm happy that it blends in with other music so that it attracts more fans, I'm a sucker for traditional country

I still can't believe they voted Mal off. Did they think that his story would get him pity votes he didn't deserve? What were they thinking??
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    (and he said 'aboot', gotta love it)
    Now there's a Canadian for ya!

I love this thread! My satellite was disconnected this week so I don't get to see the show tonight *sob* I'm glad to hear George did so well though!
    You look like the kind of guy that would kick somebody's butt and then lead them to the Lord.

George Canyon for Nashville Star!
    Check my profile for the official George Canyon Fanlisting.

Oh he's just adoreable... lol ... I just love those wrinkles that appear around his eyes when he smiles... damn I sound like a dang teenager =) hehe.

You know, I just love that Chevy commercial with that guy in the backseat singing "Man I feel like a woman" .... lol
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Hehe, that commercial is the best!

Well... some of us are teenagers (at least one of us... :phhht ) and there's nothing wrong with acting like one at times... especially for someone like George!
    You look like the kind of guy that would kick somebody's butt and then lead them to the Lord.

George Canyon for Nashville Star!
    Check my profile for the official George Canyon Fanlisting.

FORT Regular
    Love that commercial.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Oh he's just adoreable... lol ... I just love those wrinkles that appear around his eyes when he smiles... damn I sound like a dang teenager =) hehe.

You know, I just love that Chevy commercial with that guy in the backseat singing "Man I feel like a woman" .... lol
    I LOVE that commercial!!!

+ Reply to Thread