+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 3/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Good Show...I hope Rachel Makes it in..see you guys next week!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    This is going to be a great season
    I know. I'm really excited because I didn't get to see the whole season last year. I think I started watching it with about three weeks to go. As soon as I heard Buddy sing "pour out the rain", I was hooked!

See you all next week.

yeah! this is going to be another great season.

Wow, what a great kick off for the new season of Nashville Star! I just love this show, I'm always in such great mood when I watch it.

The judges this season seem great! I like them all, their comments were nice & honest, there was nobody trying to be someone they're not (i,e Robison last year trying to be mean & tough like simon :-))

As usual there were so many great contestants, I can't wait to follow them and see how this ends up.
    My immediate favorite from only having watched these people once is George Canyon, I thought he was amazing, great voice & very memorable & powerful stage presence

Ah...well...I'm off to bed. This was great. I'm so happy Nashville Star is back
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I love this show, too. I loved the judges, but kind of miss the one guy from last year (the one who is a country music historian. I'm blanking out on his name right now. He is very knowledgeable). I loved having the perspective of a country music DJ with the one new judge.
    Last year, I watched from the very first episode, and right from the start I wanted Buddy to win. This year, I don't have an immediate favorite, but definitely liked the very first guy (George?) and Mal. I also liked the sweet-faced guy (Brent?) and Brad Cotter, who hasn't made it so far. The girl who is the backup singer for George Straight sounds like she probably has a nice voice, but was surprisingly shaky. This show is going to be fun to watch again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    re: Mal's hair
    My nephew does that with his hair when he's in the bathtub. Too funny!
    Mal's hairstyle is properly called a faux hawk, not a mohawk as the judge called it. It's quite a popular look among the younger set (teens, tweens, and kids in bathtubs).

-Schwartz

FORT Newbie

What?..... A little info!

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet
    Marty is a little shakey.. go back to background singing girl.
    I know for a fact that Marty was a little shakey (as you said), because she had the flu. I'm usually not one to make excuses for someone, when it comes to singing, but.....

She sings background for George Strait, who was so sick the weekend of the taping that he had to CANCEL HIS SHOWS for the whole weekend. Marty and all of the band members had the same thing, but.... she had to perform that night regardless if she could speak or not.

Just watch this week and I assure you that she won't be shakey!

And by the way, she's still a backup singer so she won't have to go back to anything.....kismet (funny-girl) or (funny-boy) WhoKnows?

Thanks for the info about Marty, whoknows?! I'm looking forward to hearing her next week. Hopefully she'll be feeling a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    I liked Stacie Michelle and the Janis Jopllin song. I hope she gets to stay.
    Janis Joplin ruined that song and Stacie Michelle butchered it even more. I don't know why she is in this competition. If you want to hear Bobbie MaGee the way it should be, go find Roger Miller's version (way before Joplin got hold of it).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678