+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nelson to appear on 'Nashville Star'

Nelson to appear on 'Nashville Star'

The Associated Press
    3/3/2004, 6:52 p.m. ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Willie Nelson, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Trace Adkins and Terri Clark will be among the guests appearing on the second season of "Nashville Star," the viewer-voted talent show.

The show's second season debuts Saturday on cable television's USA Network. Buddy Jewell, winner of last season's series, will perform his new single, "Sweet Southern Comfort," and accept a gold record for his self-titled album for Sony Music Nashville.

The nine-week show combines country music with reality television by placing contestants in a Music Row house as they compete for a recording contract with Sony. Cameras capture their daily interaction and live performances, which are judged by viewers and industry professionals.

Guests during the second season also will include Rodney Crowell, Joe Nichols and Montgomery Gentry. More guests are expected to be announced during the season.

Yay...tomorrow, I can't wait.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

When I was a kid, Willie Nelson was the only country music I would listen to. I'm kind of looking forward to him being on the show. I really enjoyed Trace Adkins' duet with Buddy Jewel last year. I actually went out and bought a few of Adkins' CD's having never heard of him before his NS appearance. I'm glad he'll be back on the show again this year. What a voice! As for Lynyrd Skynyrd...wow, I didn't know they were still performing together. That could be good, but it could also be really awful.

I've never heard of Rodney Crowell, Joe Nichols, Montgomery Gentry, or Terri Clark before. Have any of you guys?

I thought you meant NELSON. Like, Gunnar and Matthew. That had me stoked but now I feel let-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I've never heard of Rodney Crowell, Joe Nichols, Montgomery Gentry, or Terri Clark before. Have any of you guys?
    If you listen to country music daily you would know all of them... Rodney Crowell is my favorite out of all of them. He has wrote some of the best known country hits... and I love his own performing... Tim McGraw recorded "Please remember me" a couple years back that was a HUGE hit... well Rodney Crowell wrote it. I remember seeing Rodney in concert a few times in Ft Worth when I was in college... a truly talented man. Most people know him for having been married to Roseanne Cash for many years.

Joe Nichols has been big on radio in the last couple of years.... Montgomery Gentry is a duo... who is also having a great couple of years... and Terri Clark is the tall pretty girl singer... always wears a hat... brunette. Very funny girl and has been around since the mid' 1990's.

These are all great singers and they are even better in person! It pleases me that so many current top acts are going to be involved with the show.

I've never heard of Rodney Crowell, Joe Nichols, Montgomery Gentry, or Terri Clark before. Have any of you guys?[/QUOTE]

I have! Terri Clark is Canadian! She's had a number one record in the USA with "I Just Want To Be Mad For A While". Joe Nichols "The Impossible", Montgomery Gentry "Hillbilly Shoes", "My Town" etc. If you haven't heard of Rodney Crowell I think Patty Loveless is singing his song "Lovin All Night".
    I love country!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread