+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Impressions

First Impressions

Based on first impressions, do you know who you'll be rooting for this season? Are there any finalists that you don't think should have made the cut? Any predictions on who will be cut first and who will be in it for the long haul?

I am going to wait until after I see the show tonite to make any predictions
    I have checked out the websites for the contestants & listened to the music clips available. I am impressed with the level of talent this year overall, it should be an excellent season. I can hardly wait!

Based solely on first impression I'm rooting for George Canyon for now.

However to make predictions on how people will be eliminated, I think I need to see more.... :-) They're all very good, although there was a couple of people I was kind of surprised that the judges picked, one was Jennifer the other one I think was Sheila (was that the one in black from Texas?), and as adoreable as he was.... I was also slightly surprised at them picking Mal... altho he was good... they ALL are!
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I have been so excited about this show starting... I don't care for American Idol either...

I found nearly every male that sang... really great... and only one of the girl singers really good... So how did those 3 tone deaf girls make it to the finals?

I was really shock that Brad Cotter was not chosen in the end by the judges. And I am not impression with the Gregory girl... I never did figure out what in the world she was singing. She seems really sweet but I just did not "get" what she was doing.

I loved the guy in his bib overalls... loved the guy with the shaggy blonde hair... and the Irish guy was great with his David Beckham hair-do! I really was impressed by the quailty of the men... and stunned by the lack of quailty of the girls.

And I was please to see that Buddy had trimmed up his Mullet hair-do...

FORT Regular
    I agree, the men were better than the Ladies. I liked Canyon and Lindahl. Jones got robbed. I didn't like Jennifer Hicks at all- too fakey, not country, and just kind of overdone. I was surprised she made it. Mal was OK, but there were others that went home that were better. I can't understand the Gregory thing either. There were others that delivered on thier songs (no pun intended). There must be something about her the judges saw that we didn't. I liked the gal with the mandolin that got sent home. I voted for Brad. He was the best of the rest.
    Last edited by djbee; 03-07-2004 at 09:50 AM. Reason: left something out

On Gregory's website, she has a clip of her song 'Texas Time' that she attempted to sing on the show last nite. It is much better on the website, but I am not a big fan of her. I don't understand why she was picked to advance based on what we saw.
    People that were there at the taping of this show 2-21 said that each contestant sang 2 songs, 1 cover song & 1 original. So maybe she did better on her other song.

FORT Regular
    I thought they were trying to have a little diversity of style. She is more Americana or Alt. Country. And I do like her stuff on the website better than her performance last nite.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    Based on first impressions, do you know who you'll be rooting for this season? Are there any finalists that you don't think should have made the cut? Any predictions on who will be cut first and who will be in it for the long haul?

The only one I saw who was great was sent home and that was a shame. The audience BOOED when Richie was sent home for good reason. He was the best performer I saw last night. Some who advanced should have been sent home and some who did not advance should have. I really do feel that Sony and USA network are guiding the show in the direction they want it to go.

FORT Regular
    [QUOTE=gaby]I have been so excited about this show starting... I don't care for American Idol either...

I found nearly every male that sang... really great... and only one of the girl singers really good... So how did those 3 tone deaf girls make it to the finals?

I was really shock that Brad Cotter was not chosen in the end by the judges. And I am not impression with the Gregory girl... I never did figure out what in the world she was singing. She seems really sweet but I just did not "get" what she was doing.

I loved the guy in his bib overalls... loved the guy with the shaggy blonde hair... and the Irish guy was great with his David Beckham hair-do! I really was impressed by the quailty of the men... and stunned by the lack of quailty of the girls.

I agree with you on all fronts - personally I thought Brad Cotter was way better thatn teht Gregory Girl.... I hope he gets picked by the audience. That guy with the overalls is great and funny but knowing the judges - he won't last too long.

BTW - too bad you don't care for american Idol - it's fun.... I'm not too much into country music but I did watch Nashville Star all last year... I was cheering for Martinez - I thought it was close last year and I loved the oringinal songs of Matinez more than buddy's.

Who were the two clown judges on the right side - god they did a poor imitation of Simon Crowell - but I guess they think they are sooooo good judge of talent....
    Last edited by rabbitrabbit; 03-07-2004 at 05:01 PM.

FORT Regular
    I think they are trying harder this year to influence the voters and the results...the groupings of 4 were uneven, and I thought unfair. Last year the judges tried really hard to push Miranda as their favorite- but the audience voters went with Buddy and john Arthur anyway. This year it looks like the judges are pushing pop sounding overdone young females and middle of the road males. It will be interesting to see what happens when the audience votes. Lindahl at least is an original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast