+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Impressions

I already said this on another thread, but last year I wanted Buddy to win from the very first night. This time, I don't have clear cut favorite yet, but liked George, Mal, Brent, and Brad (who hasn't made it yet). I was really surprised that he wasn't chosen. I really didn't care for Gregory and was shocked that she made it. I actually turned the volume down when she sang, it was painful to listen. I like this show and American Idol, but I just love music, period.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how things develop as the show goes along, with the different personalities, egos, etc. Remember Brandi last year?
    I wonder if there will be any drama queens/kings this year.
    Last edited by clay crazy; 03-07-2004 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clay crazy
    I already said this on another thread, but last year I wanted Buddy to win from the very first night. This time, I don't have clear cut favorite yet, but liked George, Mal, Brent, and Brad (who hasn't made it yet).
    Last season I rooted for Buddy from the beginning, but also liked John Arthur & Amy Chappell.
    I agree w/ your picks on George, Mal, & Brent as early favorites; I like Lance Miller over Brad however. This season it seems like the male contestants are much stronger than the females. Should be a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat
    Last season I rooted for Buddy from the beginning, but also liked John Arthur & Amy Chappell.
    I agree w/ your picks on George, Mal, & Brent as early favorites; I like Lance Miller over Brad however. This season it seems like the male contestants are much stronger than the females. Should be a great season.
    I agree with your picks for this year!! George, Mal, Brent, Lance are my early faves so far. I also like Matt although I think he's a bit to quirky to be the last one standing. I think the show is looking for a mainstream artist they can market(hence the main why Brenden got eliminated) It's kind of funny AI and "Star" are exactly opposite this year. AI has strong women and not so strong men for the most part and Star has strong men and not so strong women. Of the women that made it I like Marty and Stacy(she reminds me of Sheryl Crow) I don't really see that Gregory or Shelia will last very long in the comptition based on what I saw in the 1st episode. I wasn't all that impressed with either of them and IMO Shelia is more rock then country. I was really disatisfied with the way they grouped the singers as well. I felt that Sean Patrick and to a slightly lesser extent Ritchie deserved to be in the top then rather than some of the ladies. All the guys that did make the top 10 were pretty good in my opinion.
    Dance every dance, and live each day as though it's your last and tell those who you love how you feel before it's to late. Life is right here and now, we only go around just one time, so embrace them don't waste them for these are the days of our lives.
    Rooting for Kasey Kahne, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr. & Kevin Harvick for the Nascar Nextel Cup and Congrats to Kasey Kahne for winning 2005 Rookie Of The Year!!!

I agree totally. I was shocked last season when Amy got cut so early in the season. Buddy was my favorite from the beginning and I was concerned that Amy would be stiff competition for him in the end. So I was very surprised to see her go early. John Arthur was also wonderfully talented.

This year my favorite from the start is Mal. I think he is fantastic. lol Love the hairdo.

I do however think that this seasons contestants are not quite the caliber of last seasons. Of course I have only seen a very brief glimpse of their talent so far so that opinion may change over time.

The only one who made it through that I did not agree with was Gregory. I was not at all impressed with her performance. Being the mother of three I have nothing but respect for the fact that she was on stage performing 1 week after having a child but I do not think that is a reason to advance her over others who seem to have more talent.

I have been eagerly anticipating this season of Nashville Star. I love American Idol also but being a country girl at heart I think that the talent that has been shown previously on Nashville Star blows AI out of the water.

Sleeping with George W
    My favorite so far is Jennifer Hicks. But I must say that I suspect Mal will go very far indeed -- not so much on his singing, but more on his personality, his accent and the uniqueness of him being from Ireland. People will naturally root for him.

Nancy O'Dell darkened her hair which is a big improvement on the Barbie blonde. Just wish she'd cut it and lengthen the skirt about an inch or two! Well, actually, the shortness isn't what bugs ... it's more the weird style.

My early favorites are George, Matt, Jennifer Hicks, and Mal. Jennifer is the ONLY woman I liked. Some of the men who I thought were very good were elimiated (while some of those screechy women made it to finals??). I don't think this one is going to be as good as last year's show, but I'll see how it goes. It's already head and shoulders above the "talent" on American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Jennifer is the ONLY woman I liked. Some of the men who I thought were very good were elimiated (while some of those screechy women made it to finals??).
    I agree w/ you on Jennifer Hicks. I am not too fond of any other women who made the cut so far. Stacie Michelle has an interesting voice, kind of like Janis Joplin. I look forward to hearing more from her.
    This year I think I will be rootin' for the guys to win.

I agree w/ you on Jennifer Hicks. I am not too fond of any other women who made the cut so far. Stacie Michelle has an interesting voice, kind of like Janis Joplin. I look forward to hearing more from her.
    This year I think I will be rootin' for the guys to win.
    I didn't really care for Stacie Michelle because I prefer the Roger Miller version of Me and Bobby Magee to the Janis Joplin version, but I agree she has an interesting voice. I'm waiting to see how she does on other songs.

I am rooting for Brent, Mal and Gregory. I am sure tonight will give me a better idea of who to root for.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

How do you guys remember their names!!?? I watched the show once and have forgotten names/faces already. I'll have to tape the show tonight.. Oh and I watch American Idol and turn the channel a lot becasue of Baaaadddd singers. The three that stunk here are/were a heck of a lot better then American Idol.. oddles of bad singers seem to get through to the finals.. including one I CANNOT stand made it to the final twelve... he stunk and he's a geek with a TERRIBLE voice.

Yay for country!!!

P.S. Loved the Irish guy, remembered him because of his story.. The woman who just had the baby.. was so/so. Couple of the ladies were good but what really struck me was the men. I like country ballads, especially when the men sing. Looking forward to tonights show..

Hey John do you think you could go and put eliminated next to the threads you started for each person?? We lost quite a few last week.. Just a suggestion since I have no idea who is who anymore..
    If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him. - Anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast