+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season Premiere Preview: 03/06

Season Premiere Preview: 03/06

NASHVILLE STAR (SEASON PREMIERE)
    USA Network’s original grassroots talent search series to find the next country music superstar Nashville Star, is back for a second season. This season the finalists will once again compete for a recording contract with Sony Music Nashville. Cameras will capture their live performances, as well as the behind-the-scenes drama and humor that develop as they live together in a house in Nashville for the duration of the competition. The show will continue to be broadcast from the BellSouth Acuff Theatre in Nashville. Nancy O’Dell, co-anchor of the nationally syndicated entertainment news program Access Hollywood, returns to Nashville Star for the second season as host. Nashville Star launched the career of Columbia Records’ Buddy Jewell, who is nominated for the Horizon Award at this year’s Country Music Association Awards. His debut CD, titled Buddy Jewell, was produced by Clint Black and entered the Billboard Country Albums chart at #1. His debut single, “Help Pour Out the Rain (Lacey’s Song),” was a top-5 hit on the Billboard country airplay chart, after making the highest charting debut by a solo country artist in over a decade (since the introduction of the Nielsen BDS system in January 1990).

The Road To Nashville
    Airs: Saturday, March 6, (10:00-11:30PM ET/PT)

Number Ones
    Airs: Saturday, March 13, (10:00-11:00PM ET/PT)

Love and Heartache
    Airs: Saturday, March 20, (10:00-11:00PM ET/PT)

Original Songs
    Airs: Saturday, March 27, (10:00-11:00PM ET/PT)

After looking over the websites of the contestants, it really seems like the success of the first season and/or Buddy Jewel has drawn in some well experienced artists this time. I was surprised at how many of them have independently recorded CD's for sale, many of them having multiple CD's.

I'm glad you posted the preview list John, I'm really looking forward to the March 27th Original Songs episode.

Oh yay! I am excited. I loved Nashville Star!

I'm getting excited

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

So are any of you familiar with the new judges at all? The Warren Brothers look kind of familiar, but I don't think I've ever heard them perform before. I definitely have never heard of the DJ guy. Do you think the new judges will be better than Robert and Charlie?

Zhora, the Warren Bros were judges at all 4 regional competitions that were held last month. The DJ guy was a judge at the LA regional, but he is from Nashville. Tracy also was at at all 4 regionals as a judge. Robert K. was a judge at the Nashville regional (in place of the DJ guy).
    I was hoping that Robert K would be the 3rd judge on the show this year, I really liked his comments. I am glad that Charlie Robinson won't be back, he was worthless as a judge IMO.

I know the Warren Brothers from listening to the country music station & hearing their songs, but dont know how they'll do as judges....probably good as they've been in the business for a long time and SHOULD know what they are talking about...

I'm kinda gonna miss last year's judges, but hey maybe its good to change it up so people dont get too used to seeing the same faces & start expecting it :-) (I.e "there's no way I'm watching american idol if Simon quits!" kinda deal!)
    Last edited by Tigrazhia; 02-21-2004 at 11:50 PM.

The Warren Brothers had a pretty good song on the radio 4 or 5 years ago called Guilty, they also preformed a duet with Sara Evans for the movie "Where The Heart Is." I'm so exicted for the new season to start. I last year. There were some really good preformers last seasom.
    Dance every dance, and live each day as though it's your last and tell those who you love how you feel before it's to late. Life is right here and now, we only go around just one time, so embrace them don't waste them for these are the days of our lives.
    Rooting for Kasey Kahne, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr. & Kevin Harvick for the Nascar Nextel Cup and Congrats to Kasey Kahne for winning 2005 Rookie Of The Year!!!

O actually I think I'm also familiar with Billy Greenwood. If I'm not mistaken he has a national radio program that runs on the country radio stations...like sunday nights or something like that. I'm not a big fan of pre-recorded nationwide programs on the local radio stations, but I THINK that's where I've heard his name before...

Still...if that's him, doesn't really say much how he'll do as a judge...hopefully good!

Btw, it looks like GAC is reruning last season's series for those of you who didn't catch it.

I'm not specifically a huge country music fan (I tend to like almost all genre's of music, though), but I thought it was really entertaining, and worth checking out.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread