+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JUDGE: Radio Personality Billy Greenwood

JUDGE: Radio Personality Billy Greenwood

Nashville Star will be sporting almost all new judges this year. New to the show is Billiy Greenwood, radio DJ and ardent Faith Hill admirer. Be sure and let us know what you think about the new line-up of judges as the season progresses...

BORN: November, 1st in Newport, RI. Scorpio's RULE the world!!

FIRST KISS: What a mess. I had no idea what I was doing. I tried the "washing machine" on her...you know, round and round...I think she was disappointed. Lisa Azan, if you're out there, I've gotten better now!

SPORTS TEAM: Tough call. I've moved around so much it's hard to remain loyal. Growing up I was a St. Louis Cardinal's fan...but I'm over that. I guess I'd have to stick with the Rams. They're the most exciting team to watch. I'm more about the beer and the barbecue anyway.

FANTASY DATE (WHO): A second chance with Lisa Azan! (see above) Um, let's see...this one's pretty easy. If I could just go out with Heidi, from Trick Pony, I'm sure I could change her last name.

FIRST JOB: Pearl Diver. You might know us as dishwashers. It was at a steakhouse in my hometown. I learned a lot about life, listening to the waitresses all night. I also learned you should always tip. Wow, I got tired of hearing about that.

WORST JOB: A radio station in Raleigh, North Carolina. Enough said? I don't think they ever learned that the Civil War is over. Someone should send them a memo.

I LOVE RADIO BUT IF I EVER HAD THE CHANCE I'D: Like to try TV. I love attention and hate that the only time I get "recognized" is at the drive-thru speaker. I'd like to try my hand at daytime soaps. I can't act and love beautiful women. How hard could it be ....[dramatic pause]....to do?

BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME: Swingers. That's easy. I think it's the best movie I've ever seen about how guys interact. It's money.

WORST SONG OF ALL TIME: Honky Tonk Superman. I was embarrassed for Country music when that one came out. Thanks goodness no one remembers it. Until now, of course. Oops.

I'D LOVE TO MEET: Faith Hill or Shania Twain. Okay, I can't lie...I've been lucky enough to meet them...but ONE MORE TIME WOULDN'T HURT!?!?

TV SHOW I'M EMBARRASSED TO SAY I WATCH: Baywatch. I hate to admit I'm that shallow. I'd like to think it's something that's rooted deep in my subconscious being...but I'm pretty sure it's those darn little outfits.

IF I HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN 1 MILLION DOLLARS AND SHARING A KISS WITH FAITH HILL I'D: Make sure to NOT use the "washing machine" move a second time. Money is good...but how can you pass up on a little Faith??

ONE THING MY MOM DOESN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT ME: That I would give up a MILLION dollars just to swap spit with a married woman. I don't think she'd think much of me.

I like Billy Greenwood. He's honest with the contestants and not to mention He's hot!!!!

I'm not sold on the "hot" thing yet, but I did really like him. He wasn't overly insulting when he had negative feedback, and he wasn't kissing butt when he had positive feedback. I liked that kind of even approach. He was very well spoken and appeared to voice his honest opinions, of which I agreed with most. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that puts his foot in his mouth very often. That ought to be a refreshing change from the days of Robert Oermann. I also thought he had a very nice voice, be it for radio or television. I wonder if he sings at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    :I also thought he had a very nice voice, be it for radio or television. I wonder if he sings at all?
    I agree w/ you Zhora, he does have a wonderful speaking voice. His comments seemed very on the mark. I like the fact that he looks at it from a radio standpoint, ie: will this contestant's music go over well on radio airplay.
    I do miss Robert K. Ortman though

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I'm not sold on the "hot" thing yet, but I did really like him. He wasn't overly insulting when he had negative feedback, and he wasn't kissing butt when he had positive feedback. I liked that kind of even approach. He was very well spoken and appeared to voice his honest opinions, of which I agreed with most. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that puts his foot in his mouth very often. That ought to be a refreshing change from the days of Robert Oermann. I also thought he had a very nice voice, be it for radio or television. I wonder if he sings at all?

But Nash his negative feedback was not all that negative. I thought he was pretty much middle of the road with his comments.I know I don't have much use for the judges this year.

FORT Regular
    Nice guy, but narrow mined in what he thinks country radio should play. That's the problem with country radio....boring,,,,,because they play the same 22 songs over and over and over and over. It's really difficult to get a new artist into that rotation. It leads to stagnation...and with only a few exceptions, the same overproduced pop sound that's been popular for the last 5 or 6 years.

+ Reply to Thread