+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JUDGES: The Warren Brothers

JUDGES: The Warren Brothers

Nashville Star has some new judges this year. Be sure and let us know what you think of them as the season progresses...

From the Biography Page on www.warrenbrothers.com

Well-Deserved Obscurity: The Warren Brothers
    When you've toured with everyone from Faith Hill to Quiet Riot, penned hits for the likes of Lynrd Skynrd and Evan and Jaron, had songs in movies with Natalie Portman, and multiple top 20 singles, many people would be content to say they've tasted the limelight. Five-time CMA nominees, The Warren Brothers, prefer to say they have gained some Well-Deserved Obscurity.

As 2004 begins, brothers Brad and Brett Warren stand poised to take on their biggest year yet. The world of film and TV will be forever changed in the early months of 2004 as the Warren Brothers begin filming a reality series pilot with Lorne Michaels' production company. Brett and Brad also lend their quick-witted expertise and lay down the law as judges in the weekly USA Networks series "Nashville Star".

Spring 2004 marks the release of Well-Deserved Obscurity, the duo's first independent release. With a balance of flavors ranging from George Jones to Tom Petty, Well-Deserved Obscurity floats effortlessly between stories of love, life, faith, and murder like the soundtrack to a William Faulkner novel. Following up to the success and critical acclaim of Beautiful Day in a Cold Cruel World (1998) and King of Nothing (2002), Well-Deserved Obscurity is laced with the tongue-in-cheek humor of a bar singer in "Sell a Lot of Beer", the infectiously-catchy rebellion against small town gossip in "Southern Baptist Heartbreak", and ten other perfectly gritty tracks.

In 2002-2003 Brett and Brad saw their names in the songwriting credits of Lynrd Skynrd's patriotic look at Americana life, "Red, White, and Blue" as well as Tim McGraw's "Who Are They". Be on the lookout for the Warren Brothers as they share the stage and liner notes with some of the industry's biggest artists in 2004.

While fame may not be for everybody, between their TV appearances, high-profile touring, critically acclaimed albums, hit songwriting, and five CMA nominations, it's safe to say the Warren Brothers have gathered some Well-Deserved Obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    Nashville Star has some new judges this year. Be sure and let us know what you think of them as the season progresses...

Never heard of these guys... and I listen to country music daily... but they are great judges! (I thought I was going to miss Charlie Robinson this year...) but these men are a great addition to the panel.

I think they are poor excuses for judges. They were making far to many remarks of a sexual nature and I find them to be offensive.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ginger069
    I think they are poor excuses for judges. They were making far to many remarks of a sexual nature and I find them to be offensive.
    I thought they were just poor white trash that just wanted to wield their "power" - god it they represent Country Music then Country Music is deep in Cow dung...... They really had some uncalled for remarks and someone should have then reviewed before they kill a good show....

I thought they were pretty funny. I found them to be a fun alternative to Billy Greenwood. Billy was the voice of reason, and these guys would just say any ol' fool thing that came into their heads. Yeah, some of their humor was leaning towards the crude, but with all the Christians on the show talking about Jesus and the good Lord, I think a little variety is needed to keep it from becoming The 700 Club. I respect your opinions though, and I hope they don't ruin the show for you.

I thought they were pretty funny. I found them to be a fun alternative to Billy Greenwood. Billy was the voice of reason, and these guys would just say any ol' fool thing that came into their heads. Yeah, some of their humor was leaning towards the crude, but with all the Christians on the show talking about Jesus and the good Lord, I think a little variety is needed to keep it from becoming The 700 Club. I respect your opinions though, and I hope they don't ruin the show for you.

I find nothing at all funny about then. In fact i find them very offensive to womyn and very crude.

I find nothing at all funny about then. In fact i find them very offensive to womyn and very crude.Some of their remarks to the ladys would have gotten them a slap in the face in some company.

Sleeping with George W
    Hated their sexist remarks, but I really do love their song "Sell a Lot of Beer." Great song to sing along with very loudly when either drunk or driving with the top down. Lets just say I've done both, but not at the same time.

Why are these guys on the show? Seems like all they care about is how hot the woman is, which I'm sure is how a number of those women made it to the top 11. .

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Why are these guys on the show? Seems like all they care about is how hot the woman is, which I'm sure is how a number of those women made it to the top 11. .
    Misty if you recall Charlie Robinson was exactly the same way last year. He is the reason that several of the girls were picked & it was not because of their singing ability .
    I think it is good having a judge who is a singer/entertainer, but I too question why the Warren Bros. I listen to country music all the time & have never heard a single song by them.
    Oh well, they are certainly filling Charlie's shoes this season with the sexist remarks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast