+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marty Slayton

Marty Slayton

HOMETOWN: Alamo, Tennessee

CURRENTLY RESIDES: Nashville, Tennessee

BIO: Marty is the middle sister of three, and is close to her family. She has been a backup singer for top acts like Reba McEntire, Lee Ann Womack, Lorrie Morgan, George Strait, and Alan Jackson for the past seven years, including singing background vocals on Jackson's hit "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)." Her musical influences include Tammy Wynette, Barbra Streisand, Reba McEntire, and Aretha Franklin. She plays the guitar, does some songwriting, and grew up singing in church with her sisters, which gave her a strong spiritual background. She has a degree in communications.

PERSONAL STATEMENT: "I left a good-paying pharmaceutical sales job to do what I love. I found that the prescription for success in the music business is a good bit of passion, even more perseverance, and a big ol' dose of good timing. I believe a great song is one that makes you feel something real... if it makes you laugh, cry, or remember, it's worth singing, because if you feel it, your audience will too."

Last edited by John; 03-11-2004 at 08:03 PM.

[IMG]images/img/ns_slayton.jpg[/IMG]

I checked out her website and she is sure adorable. Really a cutie. I have a feeling that she's going to be really annoying though...in her adorable way. It's obviously far too early to tell. Just call it a hunch.

Here is an article about Marty Slayton:
    (you will need to copy & paste this into your browser to get to the article)

miva.jacksonsun.com/miva/cgi-bin/miva?NEWS/news_story.mv+link=20040304590 8855

FORT Newbie
    Just wanted to chime in and tell you that Marty is anything but annoying. She is very talented and will be very fun to watch!

FORT Newbie
    Here's a little info on Marty....

She is great. She is not annoyingly sweet. She is a nice person with a lot of compassion for what she does for a living.

She also will probably blow everyone away this week, because she is over the flu (throat infection) that she, George Strait and the rest of his band had during the weekend of the taping. GS canceled his concerts that weekend and Marty had no choice but to sing in this competition with a sore throat. She wasn't shakey because she was nervous...she was nervous because her voice was at about 70%.

Just watch and hopefully you'll see what Reba, George, Alan and others have seen that they liked well enough to trust her on stage, tours and cd's.

I'll certainly give her the benefit of the doubt until I can here her sing some more. What a shame that she was so sick. To have a once in a lifetime opportunity like this and have to worry about blowing it because of a sore throat would be absolutely gut-wrenching. I hope she's back to 100% this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread