+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lance Miller

Lance Miller

HOMETOWN: Fairfield, IL

CURRENTLY RESIDES: Hendersonville, Tennessee

BIO: Lance comes from a musical family: his Dad worked as a professional entertainer for 15 years, and both his brother and sister play guitar and sing. Lance is a singer/songwriter who plays guitar, has been singing since he was four, has recorded his own music, and plays with his own band. He has made his living as a professional demo singer in Nashville for the past nine years, and works on his songwriting in his free time. He is originally from Illinois, but moved to Tennessee with his wife after they got married nine years ago. He had a publishing deal with EMI Music for two years that expired in 2002. His musical influences include his dad, Merle Haggard, Ronnie Milsap, and Glenn Campbell.

PERSONAL STATEMENT: "My music is, without a doubt, traditional country. I love Merle Haggard, and have often been accused of doing too many Merle tunes in my showcases. The problem is these critics don't understand I grew up listening to my Dad sing those songs - hell, I thought they were Dad's songs for the longest time."

Last edited by John; 03-11-2004 at 08:02 PM.

Check out the link if you want to hear a few of his tunes. I don't have speakers on this computer, so I haven't heard him yet. One thing I can say though, if he is supposed to be this years Buddy Jewel, then he is a younger, cuter Buddy Jewel by far...

FORT Newbie

Lance Miller

If you check his site (www.lancemiller.com), his CD is available for sale now.

Thanks for the update Jeff.

Are you going to stick around The FORT to talk about the show after the season begins? We'd love to have you.

This guy is from my hometown. He's a couple years older than me, but our high school "Mule Backers" used to sponser concerts in town every year. He was always the opening act.
    He's good, and really has the town excited about his chances. He has quite a following here. Oh by the way, I checked out his CD this week, and it's really good. I'm excited to see him on the show.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhora

Thanks for the update Jeff.

Are you going to stick around The FORT to talk about the show after the season begins? We'd love to have you.
    Sure, I'll watch it as long as Lance is on there. I've gotten to know him while working on his site and he's a great guy.

Here is a link to an interesting article about Lance Miller:

http://www.zwire.com/news/newsstory....CATEGORYID=410

Lance is another guy I really liked (though not as much as George Canyon... )

I think I like Lance and Matthew about the same

I finally got around to buying Lance's CD from his website earlier today. I still don't have any speakers on my computer so I couldn't listen to any of the songs before hitting the buy button. I've heard enough on the show to know I'll probably like it though.

The only other CD I've purchased from a Nashville Star contestant is Amy Chappell's first CD. Oh, and I reserved a copy of Matt Lindahl's CD after the first episode aired this season, but I have no idea when it will be ready.

I'll let you know what Lance's CD is like once it arrives.
    Last edited by Zhora; 04-20-2004 at 09:57 PM.

Oh, and I really liked this picture I saw while at Lance's site...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast