+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lance Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    Yeah, much like Brad Paisley and Kenny Chesney have "flashed".
    We'll see. I hope Brad has as good a career, but I just don't see him standing out. Of couse, as you've pointed out, neither of the above two gentlemen stand out either. That's what radio wants these days, so who am I to complain. That's why I no longer listen to country radio.

OMG... There are so many talented country singers that stand out... maybe you should start listening to Country Music! Kenny Chesney and Brad Paisley are awesome, sell out concerts and making millions of dollars, what else do you want them to do to stand out? Lance Miller has already been contracted according to CMT last night. Wished I remembered who they said contracted him. Country music has lots of wonderful young singers who stand out. If you aint listening to it, you are missing out!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    OMG... There are so many talented country singers that stand out... maybe you should start listening to Country Music! Kenny Chesney and Brad Paisley are awesome, sell out concerts and making millions of dollars, what else do you want them to do to stand out? Lance Miller has already been contracted according to CMT last night. Wished I remembered who they said contracted him. Country music has lots of wonderful young singers who stand out. If you aint listening to it, you are missing out!
    What I want to hear is music that doesn't bore me to tears (which Mr. Chesney and Mr. Paisley do.) I actually do listen to country music, since my office mate plays it all day at work. And I watch the videos on GAC occasionally. I know what's out there, and most of it I ain't buyin' What I want is something that catches me and makes me want to hear more -- like Josh Turner's Long Black Train. Not more of the same style, same tune, same music, can't tell one artist from the other. I want to be able to hear a song on the radio and know right away who is singing. If I want easy listening, I'll turn on the easy listening channel.

To me, George and Lance have distinctive styles, and Matt definitely has a distinctive stye. Brad blends in with everyone else. I hardly even noticed him until late in the contest.

That's just my opinion. Others, of course, may vary. Fortunately for the recording artists, not everyone shares my opinions

I love Josh Turner's music.!! Definitely got a distinctive style. It's really hard to find artists distinctive by their voice. You know the reason too, that you might not like Paisley and Chesney, may because the radio play so much of them.. I dont know that to be the real reason, just wondering. I used to love Shania .. but they play her here in Canada every hour on the hour. I know that they have to play some Canadians music, but they got lots of talented Canadians.. I say play some Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Paul Brandt, Terri Clark, etc.. As soon as you cut the radio on here, in an hour you are guarantee to hear a Shania tune at least in the hour. Like I said, I loved her at one time, but I love to hear others.

I love Josh Turner's music.!! Definitely got a distinctive style. It's really hard to find artists distinctive by their voice. You know the reason too, that you might not like Paisley and Chesney, may because the radio play so much of them.. I dont know that to be the real reason, just wondering. I used to love Shania .. but they play her here in Canada every hour on the hour. I know that they have to play some Canadians music, but they got lots of talented Canadians.. I say play some Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Paul Brandt, Terri Clark, etc.. As soon as you cut the radio on here, in an hour you are guarantee to hear a Shania tune at least in the hour. Like I said, I loved her at one time, but I love to hear others.
    I know what you mean about over-playing and over-hyping someone. But I've never liked those people, so that's not it. I don't like Tim McGraw either (but I really liked Jennifer Hick's rendition of My Kind of Rain, so it's not just the song). It's just a personal thing with me I guess, I just find this new breed of country singer boring. I do like Shania, I like Martina McBride, I usally like Alan Jackson, etc. Can't think of who-all right now.

I would like to see some more male singers like George Jones, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, or Willie Nelson come out. I thought Lance kinda sounded like a mix of George and Merle. I Love Martina.. I wished I could sing like her. What a set of lungs! LeAnn Rhymes was so so on the show last night, but like you said earlier she did sing on the Grand Ole' Opry right before the show. I never really liked her that much either though. The girl needs to learn how to dress.. I thought it looked like she had a little girl's dress on over her jeans last night in the show. I didn't partically care for Nancy O'dell's dress either though.

I would like to see some more male singers like George Jones, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, or Willie Nelson come out. I thought Lance kinda sounded like a mix of George and Merle. .
    Me too. I liked him a lot. He really grew on me. I had him and George #1 and #2.

I Love Martina.. I wished I could sing like her. What a set of lungs! LeAnn Rhymes was so so on the show last night, but like you said earlier she did sing on the Grand Ole' Opry right before the show. I never really liked her that much either though. The girl needs to learn how to dress.. I thought it looked like she had a little girl's dress on over her jeans last night in the show. I didn't partically care for Nancy O'dell's dress either though.
    I don't care much for her either. I thought she was wearing her nighty over her jeans. Nancy looks good in slacks, but not those short skirts she's so fond of.

Yeah.. Nancy is wayyyy too tall for those short minis... but shes a gorgeous lady.

I have Lance's CD and I am happy I bought it. I thought he should have been 3rd and would like to see him live. I think Brad, Lance and George all have possibilities-I just hope they stay true to themselves and not become a cookie cutter singer like so many in the last 2 years.

keep it country!
    you gotta be country...

NM concert date!

I am a happy camper...the tour is coming 4 hours from me and in 2 and a half weeks I'll know what kind of tickets I can get.

Wish me luck....anyone else going to any of the shows??????

Val
    you gotta be country...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast