+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lance Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I finally got around to buying Lance's CD from his website earlier today. I still don't have any speakers on my computer so I couldn't listen to any of the songs before hitting the buy button.
    You will not regret buying this cd! I had heard Lance sing before when he was much younger. He used to open for big name performers that did concerts in our small town; Tanya Tucker, Oak Ridge Boys, Sawyer Brown... He was good then, but when I heard he was going to be on NS, I bought his cd, and I was blown away by the great songs. The first time I listened to it, one song made me laugh out loud- Twenty Foot Ladder, and one made me cry- Can You See Me Alright. The whole darn cd is great, and it's not often that you can listen to one all the way through and like all the songs.

I was able to go to the motorcade yesterday when he came to town. Lance and his wife Melissa rode through town in an old convertible followed by lots of classic cars. The town wasn't able to shut off the street completely because of legal mumbo jumbo, parade permits, etc., but it ended up closed to traffic because all of the people crowded around the car to take pics! You could tell he was overwhelmed by the support. Our area schools let out early, and offices and stores uptown all shut the doors to watch Lance come by. Several marching bands showed up and played along the "parade" route before Lance made his way through town. It was soooo cool seeing all of the people show up with signs and balloons, all cheering for Lance!! The radio said there were "several thousand people" lining the streets.

When the parade was over they headed back to the high school for his concert. I didn't get to go. My friend said he played from 6 to 7:30 or 8. His Dad even got up on stage and sang with him, and Lance told his Dad how much his support had meant over the years. I heard there wasn't a dry eye in the place. Lance said he was blown away by all the support he was receiving. They auctioned off several t-shirts signed by the contestants, all of which brought between $100-$185. Lance also gave his acoustic guitar that was signed by all of the contestants to the auction. It sold for $2,000 and was then donated back to the community to use in a Lance display in the future. At least 1500 people packed the gym full for the concert, and all proceeds counted, they raised over $25,000 for the Red Cross, not bad for our little town of 5100. Lance stayed and signed autographs for everybody that stayed after the concert. I heard he was still there at 11:00.

Thanks for reviving this thread, Zhora. I thought I was the only Lance fan here! It's good to know I now have a little company... Enjoy your new cd and let me know how you like it!!

Hey, thanks for all that inside info glennajo! It doesn't surprise me there wasn't a dry eye in the house. I find Lance to be very moving. It really seems like he speaks and reacts with his heart, (not that that has been an influence in who I root for on the show, just meaning that he seems like a neat guy). My jaw totally dropped last Saturday when we were told he put up that gorgeous guitar of his signed by Willie Nelson to auction proceeds for the children's hospital. It was very selfless of him. Glad to hear he was able to do some good for the Red Cross too.

Hearing how good you think the CD is makes me all the more pleased that I purchased it. I wish it had Beer's Not Just For Breakfast Anymore on it, but it sounds like I have other titles to look forward to. I'll be sure to let you know what I think after I've listened to it.

*sigh* I hope all those hometown supporters of his were busy clogging up the phone lines last Saturday so we get a chance to hear him sing again this weekend. *fingers crossed*

The phone systems have crashed every week. Last week they were down for over an hour. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I guess we'll see Saturday night!

All right!

FORT Fogey
    While I think his pictures are definitely cute, I don't find him as cute on the show. I also don't find him to be that talented, IMHO. I would place him fourth with the crowd remaining. Glad he has a following though, that may help his career tremendously...

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    While I think his pictures are definitely cute, I don't find him as cute on the show. I also don't find him to be that talented, IMHO. I would place him fourth with the crowd remaining. Glad he has a following though, that may help his career tremendously...
    Lance is the one who has grown on me tremendously through this competition. Something about him, can't say what. Maybe it's that he just seems so genuine. And I do like my country music with a twang He's definitely not a bad looking guy either. I think I would place him third among the guys who are left.

FORT Newbie

Lance is the BEST!!!!

I have to say the ONLY reason I was watching Nashville Star was to see Lance!!! I remember Lance from years ago, as a matter of fact he sang at a wedding I was in.

Lance is definitely a hometown hero in Fairfield, I have to say that he may not have won Nashville Star - but he'll always be a star to us!!!

I no longer live in Fairfield, but my mom and sister do. My mom went to the parade and to the concert and said it was the best EVER. As a matter of fact my mom is crippled - but still stood in line for three hours to see Lance.

Even with all of Lance's accomplishments he is still just a great guy from Fairfield, IL. And, Lance has never forgotten where he is from.

I also have to say that I am proud to work for the Company that sponsored the concerts for the last four contestants in Nashville Star, State Farm.

My children (ages 10 & 7) also think Lance is the BOMB!!!

All I can say is Lance, keep up the good work!!! You're awesome!!!

My personal feeling is that Lance should've been in the TOP 3 AT VERY LEAST. I think that Matt and George should be out of there and Lance and Brad should be in there together.

Well, since Lance won't be on there anymore, I won't be watching! :nono

FORT Fogey
    I think Lance lacked stage presence and I don't agree he was the best songwriter in the competition. Matt, and others, may have been surprised that Lance didn't make it to the top 3, but I wasn't, I predicted it.

Good luck in your career, Lance. I hope you can live with the diappointment if you never make it as anything other than a regional act, cuz I don't think you will...

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    I think Lance lacked stage presence and I don't agree he was the best songwriter in the competition. Matt, and others, may have been surprised that Lance didn't make it to the top 3, but I wasn't, I predicted it.

Good luck in your career, Lance. I hope you can live with the diappointment if you never make it as anything other than a regional act, cuz I don't think you will...
    :rolleyes :phhht

Just because you didn't like Lance, doesn't mean he doesn't have what he takes. I think he was the best songwriter (based on what I heard). And there was nothing wrong with his stage presence that a little more self-confidence wouldn't have fixed up just fine. Lance, I hope you get a record deal, I will be buying your CD when you make it!!

He made it to the top 4; there must have been a few other people out there who agree with me

Brad will blend in with all the other acts out there...he'll come and go in a flash. Lance is unique.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Brad will blend in with all the other acts out there...he'll come and go in a flash.
    Yeah, much like Brad Paisley and Kenny Chesney have "flashed".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast