+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stacy Michelle

Stacy Michelle

HOMETOWN: Memphis, Tennessee

CURRENTLY RESIDES: Los Angeles, California

BIO: Stacy is a full-time singer/songwriter who has sung on movie soundtracks, national commercials, and various albums. She has also been a studio musician and a backup musician, having shared the stage with Keith Richards, Robert Plant, and Johnny Rivers and recorded a duet with Jerry Lee Lewis. She has also recorded her own music, and once won an award for being the best female vocalist in Memphis, Tennessee. Her influences come from her musical family, in which her Dad plays guitar, mandolin, and blues harp and her brother plays drums, flute, and dulcimer. She plays the guitar, has been singing since she was 16, and currently has a boyfriend.

PERSONAL STATEMENT: "People ask me how I fit into country music. I think as long as what you do comes from your heart, there shouldn't be any boundaries."

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.stacymichelle.com
    Last edited by John; 03-11-2004 at 07:01 PM.

A Janis Joplin sound, huh? Well, I'll bet that will end up dinging her later when the judges start to have a hard time narrowing the field. Tasha Valentine had virtually the same problem last year.

Zhora, Stacy was the winner of the LA regional so the judges must have liked her sound. They chose 1 person to advance from each of the 4 regionals.

Yeah, but Tasha won her regional too. It's in the later stages of the competition that they seemed to ditch people for sounding like other people.

What the heck, though. I mean if you're going to sound like someone, Janis Joplin isn't exactly chopped liver, so why not..

I am starting to like Stacy Michelle after seeing her sing again. I don't know the song that she sang, but she did an excellent job. I really like the bluesy, edgy quality to her voice. I hope she sticks around for a while longer so we can hear more from her.

I can't remember what she sang either, but I remember I liked her...

I think she was the one who Billy Greenwood criticized as sounding too "rock" and not enough "country", and Stacy replied "well I am what I am"... Then Tracy Gershon started applauding for her for saying that...

I guess Tracy didn't find it hypocritical that she's the one who had just earlier criticized another female contestant for sounding too "rock" and not "country" enough??

+ Reply to Thread