+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sean Patrick McGraw

Sean Patrick McGraw

HOMETOWN: Dunkirk, New York

CURRENTLY RESIDES: Nashville, Tennessee

BIO: After working as an asbestos removal technician for eight years, McGraw became a full-time singer/songwriter who has been a staff songwriter for King Lizard and Curb/Magnatone Music. He plays the guitar and mandolin, has a degree in classical guitar, and has been singing his whole life. He is married and comes from a close-knit family. His musical influences include Frank Sinatra, Van Halen, Dwight Yoakam, Hank Williams, Sr., and Bruce Springsteen.

PERSONAL STATEMENT: "I was a lost young soul on my way to becoming a hard-rock guitar god when a few of my friends started dabbling in Dwight Yoakam. Of course it was "peer pressure" that made me try twang myself, and (old, sad story) before I knew it, it was Steve Earle and Foster and Lloyd, and then the real pure stuff like Cash, Hank Sr., Buck, Lefty, etc...These days I take those influences, mix them up with my mom's Cat Stevens and Jim Croce, add a little Jackson Browne and Bruce Springsteen that I picked up as a teenager, and it comes out sounding like country with brains sung by a Yankee. I drink my coffee black, my whiskey straight, and I'm the kind of guy who changes his own oil."

Last edited by John; 03-11-2004 at 07:00 PM.

[IMG]images/img/ns_mcgraw.jpg[/IMG]

Sean has a cool website. I was immediately sucked in by his daily journal. He seems like a neat guy. I can't wait to hear him sing Ring of Fire. Oh, and did I mention I think he's rather easy on the eyes?

He is easy on the eyes. Hope he sticks around.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread