+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matthew Lindahl

Matthew Lindahl

HOMETOWN: Snellville, Georgia

CURRENTLY RESIDES: Boone, North Carolina

BIO: Matthew is a jack-of-all-trades contractor who has had jobs from picking fruit to selling snow cones at the circus. He has been singing "since the womb stage," and has learned to play many instruments including the guitar, trumpet, mandolin, and the washboard. Not always satisfied with conventional instruments, he also invented one made out of two pieces of wood, a toilet paper holder, beer caps, a soup can, a coat hanger, and yarn. Matthew comes from a musical family in which his mom plays piano, his older sister plays the guitar, and his dad and other two sisters sing. He started writing and performing in a trailer while picking fruit on his grandfather's farm, and his musical influences include Robert Earl Keen, Hank Williams, Sr., bluegrass, and old Motown.

PERSONAL STATEMENT: "I think that everybody, especially musicians, take themselves way too seriously, so often the songs that I write are akin to a musical elbow in the ribs, saying, 'Hey, relax, life should be a whole lot more fun.' I also write so-called 'serious' songs about the loss of farms, visionary hitchhikers, outlaw cowboys, troubled people on Greyhound buses...There's only so much of yourself you can show in a couple of minutes, much less in a competition setting, but Lord God please, I am not another Cledus T. Judd."

Last edited by John; 03-11-2004 at 06:58 PM.

[IMG]images/img/ns_lindahl.bmp[/IMG]

If he is anything like the image he portrays on that website, I like him already. He should bring some fun to the competition. Oh, and I hope they show his Folsom Prison Blues audition.

Here is an article about Matthew Lindahl:

http://www.mountaintimes.com/mtweekl...4/stardom.php3

This guy is good! Loved him!

In my opinion Matthew Lindahl stole the show. He was charismatic and witty, and he had an excellent voice that made my pulse go skipity skip when he hit those two low notes. I really really really really wanted to hear him sing Folsom Prison Blues in its entirety - that was such a great song for him! His time on stage was way too short, but fortunately it was long enough to make an impression on the judges who advanced him through to the top ten. I can't wait to hear what he sings next.

FORT Regular
    Zora- I got that same feeling with those low notes- as well as the kind of snarl he sang the line about killing a man- There's really something there- he really has a voice. On his web site, the songs are more folky in nature, and you don't hear the scope of his voice. I hope he knows what to do with that voice- he's up against some real pros with the Demo and Back up singers. I thought he was the only one that showed a bit of charm and charisma. ( and he didn't come off as too showboat or Las Vegasy) I hope he does well.

Oh yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one voicing enthusiasm for him.

I'm going to go check out his website again, now that I've had a chance to see him on the show.

FORT Regular
    I hope they do a makeover show like they did last year! I bet they could do wonders with Matt.

Oh, I don't know. I thought that Carhardt look was kind of charming. I'm sure he'd be handsome with a slick new look, but I'm not sure that's what I'd like to see. *imagines Lindahl in a fancy suit sporting a washboard and garden glove then laughs her ass off*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast