+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Matthew Lindahl

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I love Matt. He is a great entertainer.
    I'm with you on that!

I love this guy. But Matt is someone you have to see to really enjoy and appreciate all his talents. I don't know how his style would translate to CD/radio. I think George, Brad and Jennifer all have 'better voices', but Matt is the best entertainer by far!!! He makes music fun again!!

FORT Fogey
    Ok, I will admit, this is my first time posting in this forum, and I have never really watched this show, but I saw Matt sing Better Things To Do with Terri Clark on the last episode, and I could not believe how awful he sounded... I guess I'm the only one here that thnks that, but I could not listen to it. It sounded like he was trying to imitate the way Terri does it, and he didn't come off to well. I will give him this though: He does look like he's having a lot of fun.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Ok, I will admit, this is my first time posting in this forum, and I have never really watched this show, but I saw Matt sing Better Things To Do with Terri Clark on the last episode, and I could not believe how awful he sounded... I guess I'm the only one here that thnks that, but I could not listen to it. It sounded like he was trying to imitate the way Terri does it, and he didn't come off to well. I will give him this though: He does look like he's having a lot of fun.
    I've not been a consistent viewer of this show, but I've managed to watch one of the earlier episodes and the last two weeks and I'm with the majority here - I think this guy is so entertaining. And I disagree with the judge who questioned his vocal ability, because I think when he tries, he's got an excellent voice. He reminds me so much of Ray Stevens and Roger Miller and I think that kind of fun entertainer is missing from Country Music. Let's give Matt his own weekly show like Ray and Roger used to have! Then he can keep entertaining us all week after week!!

FORT Regular
    Mel, I'm with you on Matt being a big Country TV star vs. radio star. I see 21st Century Hee Haw.....

FORT Regular

Matt's voice

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    I have to agree that the past two weeks Matt's voice hasn't been the best. Very flat when he wasn't trying his twangs and yodels. I do think Matt was not trying to imitate Terry though...quite the opposite. He was definitely making it his own (too much since he stole Terri's half of the duet). Terri was laughing and seemed to enjoy the interpretation.

I thought he was imitating Terri also, and way off key. He can not sing. The only thing he's got going for him is he's funny and entertaining. Ray Stevens was an excellent singer and entertainer. Matt is no Ray Stevens! I can see Matt having his own show and inviting George, Brad, Jennifer or Lance to sing on his show, but I don't see him selling out concerts with his being funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234