+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richie Jones

Richie Jones

HOMETOWN: Hurley, Mississippi

CURRENTLY RESIDES: Moss Point, Mississippi

BIO: Richie is a warehouse manager at Mississippi Phosphates, as well as a singer/songwriter who has been the opening act at several country music concerts. He is married and has three children, Laney, Cole and Kara, from a previous marriage. He has been singing since the age of five, and plays guitar and drums. His musical influences include Randy Travis, Ronnie Milsap, Alan Jackson, and George Jones. He was the regional champ at the 1999 Jimmy Dean Country Showdown, and has recorded a demo of his original songs. He also enjoys motocross when he's not singing or working.

PERSONAL STATEMENT: "My music is traditional. I consider myself a cross between Merle Haggard and Alan Jackson with the energy of Hank Williams, Jr. I am a stock car racing, motocross, and rodeo nut. I'm probably considered a real redneck, but I'm proud of it. I am from a very small town in Mississippi, I'm the proud father of three great kids, and I'm a very happily married man. I am a proud member of the Hurley United Methodist Church."

Last edited by John; 03-11-2004 at 07:56 PM.

[IMG]images/img/ns_jones.jpg[/IMG]

That's quite an impressive list of names he's worked with. I checked out his website. He seems like a fun character. I hope he's a good singer/songwriter.

Here is a link to an article about Richie Jones:

www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/8100778.htm

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat
    Here is a link to an article about Richie Jones:

www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/8100778.htm

If you have not gone to his site and listened to his music you really should. Richies got a gift and he should be in the house right now. I think the judges knew if he was in the competition their pick would not have a chance.He was the best performance on last nights show.

I was surprised to see him cut last night, as I really enjoyed his music. I don't know what the judges were thinking... He seems to be very talented & definitely country, I don't understand.

FORT Regular
    I think he got robbed. He should be in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by djbee
    I think he got robbed. He should be in the house.
    I don't get it either... there are 3 girls in that house.. that should have been on the bus to go home. Just makes you realize that it looks like this not a true contest... Sony has already made their decisions about whom they want in the game. When they only give the viewers "1" pick.

FORT Newbie

Richie given bum deal

Just wanted to say that if Richie wasn't good enough to get to the house, Gregory should never been at the show. I'm from south MS bout 30 miles from Richie. Been listening to him for years and if anyone has never heard his music you should go to his web site and listen. He's truly great. He should be at that house, beyond any doubt.

Richie Jones

There is NO WAY Richie should have been elimitated!! He was better than ANY of the women who made it, and also better than some of the men. I hope he keeps trying to make it, I'd like to hear him on my radio some day! Richie, good luck to you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast