+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Hicks

Jennifer Hicks

HOMETOWN: Nashville, Tennessee

CURRENTLY RESIDES: Nashville, Tennessee

BIO: Jennifer combines elements of rootsy-country and breezy 70's California melodies into a style that is uniquely her own. With some of Nashville's biggest names as believers from working as a staff songwriter at Warner/Chappell Publishing for the past four years, Jennifer has had the freedom to experiment and define her own personal artistic style. Along the way, she has shared some of her songs with fellow artists, and after performing with her father Russ Hicks, renowned steel guitarist of seminal 70's alternative country heroes Barefoot Jerry, Jennifer has finally found her sound - and proved the old adage that the answer is never farther than your own backyard.

PERSONAL STATEMENT: "Personally, I just want to be a superstar/super Mom! Hopefully in five years, I will be remarried and, God willing, be blessed with a little brother or sister for my son Kellen. The best part of being on Nashville Star would be the honor of being chosen, and of course the exposure... I've never played professionally, unless you call 'playing for the door' professional."

Last edited by John; 03-11-2004 at 06:55 PM.

[IMG]images/img/ns_hicks.jpg[/IMG]

That pink website of hers is nearly blinding, and she needs to adjust the contrast because some of the text is virtually unreadable.

Is anyone else thinking she looks a little like a young Angelica Houston?

Oh, and her website says she sings "Rootsy country and breezy 70's California melodies". I wonder if she'll twang it up a little for the "Nashville" competition.

I can see a little Gloria Estefan, too. Maybe she is the love child of Angelica and Gloria.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Sleeping with George W
    Loved her performance and think she may just take this whole thing. I'm hoping a woman can win this year!

she's my early pick to win it all. it's tough to tell with those 40 second chopped up performances, but jennifer's voice stood out to me as the most appealing and distinctive. when she came out, i was expecting her to sing faith hill but was pleasantly surprised with her rendition of jolene. she's got her own style and could be a nice contrast to the country crossover divas that are dominating the industry.

Jennifer Hicks is my favorite of all the females; she has some nice songs on her website. Am looking forward to seeing what she can do in the coming weeks.
    I do think the male contestants this year are much stronger vocally than the women, it will be fun to watch. I LOVE this show.

FORT Regular
    I love the way she sounds on her website, but for some reason I didn't warm up to her performance last week. I think the "doe eyed" look and wardrobe really didn't sit well with me. I though she was overdone and unnatural.

I love Jennifer Hicks !!! She haves that Dolly Parton's voice that makes feel in love with her talent. I'm hoping that Jennifer will be crowned as the Nashville Star.

Go Jennifer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by allmychildren
    I love Jennifer Hicks !!! She haves that Dolly Parton's voice that makes feel in love with her talent.
    That's what my husband said last night while she was singing; that she sounds a lot like Dolly Parton.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast