+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Hicks

I guess im in the minority...to me, Jennifer would have a nice voice, IF she were to stop singing through her nose. As it is, waaay to nasal to be pleasant.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I love to see Jennifer win. Now she is gone

Quote Originally Posted by allmychildren
    I love to see Jennifer win. Now she is gone
    Believe me, you weren't the only one! I just came across this board this morning or I would've posted earlier.

Jennifer's "Hometown Bash" for the show was scheduled over Sunday and Monday after her elimination. Sunday would've been difficult to cancel because it was with less than 24 hours notice obviously. But she could've still easily pulled out of doing the two appearances considering what happened.

Sunday, Gregory DeLang (NS2 finalist), Kevin Haynie (former bandmate of Jen's), Mark McGuinn ("Mrs. Steven Rudy") and Russ Hicks (former steel guitarist for Barefoot Jerry - and Jen's dad) were all there to perform as was Jennifer herself. (Mark didn't get to as the heat on stage was really getting to the band.) Then she performed the next night at the Tin Roof also in Nashville.

At least 4 out of the 11 finalists from last year came out of it with record contracts, hoping the same for Jen! All of the finalists should be back for the finale this coming Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by NoShowJr
    Believe me, you weren't the only one! I just came across this board this morning or I would've posted earlier.

Jennifer's "Hometown Bash" for the show was scheduled over Sunday and Monday after her elimination. Sunday would've been difficult to cancel because it was with less than 24 hours notice obviously. But she could've still easily pulled out of doing the two appearances considering what happened.

Sunday, Gregory DeLang (NS2 finalist), Kevin Haynie (former bandmate of Jen's), Mark McGuinn ("Mrs. Steven Rudy") and Russ Hicks (former steel guitarist for Barefoot Jerry - and Jen's dad) were all there to perform as was Jennifer herself. (Mark didn't get to as the heat on stage was really getting to the band.) Then she performed the next night at the Tin Roof also in Nashville.

At least 4 out of the 11 finalists from last year came out of it with record contracts, hoping the same for Jen! All of the finalists should be back for the finale this coming Saturday night.

How cool! I hope she gets a record deal too, I like her a lot.

Can't help but think that she will considering the exposure and the number of them last year from the competition that also received deals.

I was surprised when they didn't acknowledge the funds State Farm donated for either Jennifer or Lance's Hometown Bash's. Didn't realize until last night that a lot of folks didn't know that State Farm still donated $10,000 in Jennifer's name. I was going to try to put a photo in, but since I'm new it won't allow me to do that yet.
    :rolleyes

I loved Jennifer from the beginning. I think she sings a little like Pam Tillis. She will definitely get a contract from some lucky label, even though she didn't make it through the top 3.

She definitely reminds me of Pam Tillis! And, since Pam hasn't been around the country music scene for a few years now, Jennifer wouldn't be duplicating a current sound. Hopefully (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed here), she'll get that record deal.

I didn't notice the Pam Tillis thing and someone mentioned it to me at one of the shows. (Side note: Pam is getting ready to release a new CD too if she hasn't already - first single is really good!)

One that really reminded me of an artist was Sheila Marshall. She kept reminding me of Cyndi Thomson!

Sheila Marshall put me in mind of Sara Evans. I thought she looked a lot like her too. There definitely were some talent in the top 10 in this show this year. Really would been hard to pick between them all.

I didn't notice the Pam Tillis thing and someone mentioned it to me at one of the shows. (Side note: Pam is getting ready to release a new CD too if she hasn't already - first single is really good!)
    Very cool! Can't wait to hear it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast