+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gregory Delang

Gregory Delang

HOMETOWN: San Angelo, Texas

CURRENTLY RESIDES: Ashland City, Tennessee

BIO: Gregory has seen all sides of the recording industry: not only is she a performer, she also spends her days as a grassroots record promoter (in fact, she is currently promoting the new single by John Arthur Martinez). She has been a singer/songwriter for the past 20 years, getting her start singing to passengers and selling popcorn while working on the railroad as a kid. She has played clubs, festivals, and fairs, and won the 2003 "Best Female Artist, Americana" award at the Billy Block Western Beat contest. She has been married for 12 years, and is currently expecting her first child. Gregory plays guitar, and has been influenced by people like Marty Robbins, Roger Miller, Tom T. Hall, Roy Orbison, Patsy Cline, and Dolly Parton.

PERSONAL STATEMENT: "I'd rather be a Girl Named Greg than a Boy Named Sue. I bake the hell out of a brownie. I am a self-proclaimed rebel. I like music that's spontaneous and real, like Marty Robbins and Roger Miller. I almost peed on myself and broke water when Nashville Star showed up at my door."

Last edited by John; 03-11-2004 at 07:53 PM.

[IMG]images/img/ns_delang.jpg[/IMG]

I have a feeling she is going to be the female answer to John Arthur Martinez. She's a little older, but still cute and probably talented.

Gregory was 8 1/2 mos pregnant when she auditioned for the Nashville Star regionals in Nashville in Jan. She just had her baby boy on Feb 8th.

Wow! What an exciting time in her life. Thanks for the info xmaskat.

You have to admire a girl who has a boy's name, and can joke about it with her web address.

I know, I liked that a lot. I think it would be twice as funny if she sings A Boy Named Sue on the show sometime.

FORT Regular
    [QUOTE=Zhora]I have a feeling she is going to be the female answer to John Arthur Martinez. She's a little older, but still cute and probably talented.

I was shocked she was picked for the 10 ten - I thought she sang terrible and sorry I know she just had a baby but she didn't show me anything close to being another John Arthur Martinez btw I thought John Arthur should have won last year's contest though it must have been a very close contest.

I thought the judges would have picked the young boy with the shiny silver and black shirt instead of Gregory. I hope that she proves that the judges' pick was right and shows us her true singing talent.

[QUOTE=rabbitrabbit]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I have a feeling she is going to be the female answer to John Arthur Martinez. She's a little older, but still cute and probably talented.

I was shocked she was picked for the 10 ten - I thought she sang terrible and sorry I know she just had a baby but she didn't show me anything close to being another John Arthur Martinez btw I thought John Arthur should have won last year's contest though it must have been a very close contest.

I thought the judges would have picked the young boy with the shiny silver and black shirt instead of Gregory. I hope that she proves that the judges' pick was right and shows us her true singing talent.
    Gotta say I fully agree with you on this one. She was the worst of the performers last night.Should have gone home.

I agree with you. She was very nasal even before she started having her other problems. I feel bad that one of the others will not get to go on because she got a spot. Do the judges see these singers in auditions and rehearsals? Maybe they've heard something previously that we didn't get to see. Otherwise, I think it's just that they couldn't bring themselves to be the meanies and send her home after she was willing to do this one week after giving birth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast