+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gregory Delang

I thought the judges were unneccesarily cruel to Gregory when they booted her off the show, some of the remarks were not called for IMO.
    The judges are the ones who chose her to be on the show because of her 'unigue style'; then the next week turn around & tell her that her style is not 'star material'. They should not have chosen her in the first place if they didn't feel that she was the right fit for the show. Oh well, they didn't ask me to be one of the judges; so what do I know...

Sleeping with George W
    I'm glad the judges had the sense to boot Gregory early on. They should have done the same with Brandi last year. The recording business is tough and unforgiving, and the judges need to be honest. Her "image" aside, I didn't think she was better than any of the other contestants, other than Washboard Boy. And I think he'll be the next to go.

FORT Regular
    I thought the judges set her up to fail. Then they went in for the kill. Not necessary and not nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden
    Trust me, I think Gregory is this year's Brandi. All tears and excuses.
    The woman just had a baby, she is probably still pretty hormonal. I didn't see anything of Brandi in her.

Personally, I thought she had a unique voice, and would have liked to have seen a few more performances before I made a judgment. There were definitely a few others I would have sent home before her.

Hope she doesn't let this slow her down.

There is no one like Gregory in Country Music and I would have like to see her advance - hopefully she will be able to make it with out the show

FORT Regular
    I thought Gregory nailed the song this past week. The frumpy mom look definitely hurt her, but they can't hold that against her. It isn't like she's Shania and can afford to have a personal trainer through the entire pregnancy so you can be back to a size 2 within a month of birthing. Heck, in the first show she was still bathing in epson salt people. Now she's living in a strange house with strange people and she's supposed to look on top of her game?

I don't know how many of you are mom's out there, but I know I wasn't doing anything comfortably that first week, let alone emotionally stable, competing on a nationally televised show. You didn't see Faith or Shania out that first week, did you?

BTW, Brandi was whiny and defensive. This was a first time mom a week after pregnancy. There is no comparison. Hopefully they give her an out on the contract that won't let her compete next year.

Quote Originally Posted by djbee
    But it was kind of unfair for her to be put in the top 10 after such a meltdown.
    I missed this episode. Would you mind filling me in on the details of the "meltdown"?

I felt bad for Gregory the other night too. I thought the one judge's comment was unnecessarily harsh, that her sound and her "image" were "dated"...

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I think that if Gregory had been allowed to continue for another week or so she could have really gained more confidence and improved but there is no one I could have seen being booted before her. The judges did seem a little cruel with their comments. I didn't see any of Brandi's traits in her, thank goodness. I hope there will never be another Brandi on this show!! Please spare us the cry babies this season!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123