+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gregory Delang

FORT Regular
    I think they were just trying for some diversity of style- the stuff on her web site is pretty good- but alt country- kind of a female Dwight Yokam without the drive. But it was kind of unfair for her to be put in the top 10 after such a meltdown. I'm willing to listen to her next week with an open mind ...but right now I'm thinking she should keep her day job (which was promoting john Arthur's new single to radio stations, according to the NS site)

I really liked her. She reminded me of KT Oslin. I hope she does well.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    KT Oslin? Now KT can sing... and I am still stunned how the Gregory girl got chosen. I even rewatched it this afternoon and it did not get better with time... Oh please tell me she tries to sing next week and skips the yodeling...

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood

I never liked KT myself and some of her later views on thing made me dislike her even more.As for Gregory I think she stole a spot from someone who deserved it more.

The judges have seen the performers before - at the regional competitions. It's my understanding that each contestant sang one cover song and one original song at the regionals before making the top 20, just like last year. At this point I'm still willing to give all the contestants the benefit of the doubt just because we only saw about 30 seconds from them, and the judges got to see so much more. I'm not necessarily encouraged by Gregory's first TV performance, but I'll reserve judgment. She kind of reminded me of a female Chris Isaak, but I'm not much of a Chris Isaak fan.

Each contestant sang 2 songs at the final competition held on 2-21-04 which was televised on 3-6-04. They sang a cover song & an original song, the original song was the one shown on TV for Gregory. Unfortunately, she didn't really even sing. I've listened to this song on her website, she has a neat, unusual sound.
    I would hope that she did a better job on the other song she sang, and they (producers) chose to show the one where she messed up for whatever reason. I am going to reserve judgement on her until next week when she has another opportunity to sing & show what she can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I know, I liked that a lot. I think it would be twice as funny if she sings A Boy Named Sue on the show sometime.
    It's odd, but it is interesting!!!!

Sleeping with George W
    Trust me, I think Gregory is this year's Brandi. All tears and excuses.

FORT Regular
    I hope she does well this week- just to hear something different.

Opinions change. I remember last year after the first live show I liked Buddy, Brandi and Amy- but I didn't vote. john Arthur really impressed me after I heard him do Roly Poly on the second live show, so after that he's the one I voted for. (and I'm still disappointed he didn't win)

So who knows what this next show will bring. With only 11 performing, it should be easier to keep them straight in my mind.

That is so ashame that Gregory is the 1st lady voted out .. She haves talent, but it is not good enough to move on next week. I wish Greg the best of luck, and Dakota as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast