+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Brad Cotter

FORT Newbie

Newbie Here

This is my first post and I just have to put this out there--This years Nashville Star Competition left me with a blah feeling. I was disappointed overall with the choices that were brought into the competition, mostly that there were not ANY strong female singers.

BUT, last week threw me off my sulking chair and into the "lets cheer for brad" crowd. I don't know if many of you know this but that song he sang "I Meant To" was pure genius, and could give Mr. Canyon a lesson in Songwriting for sure. I taped the show on TiVo and I am so into just the small pieces of that song that every now and then I refer back to the episode and listen with open arms just hoping this guy will take home the gold. His presence up till last week--not so strong as to make him stand out, but now he has to win. Matt sorry buddy but you just don't have what it takes to sell records and you know Sony wants a bread winner . George--hmmm he's my least favorite !
    Brad, I hope you go all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by chefD
    This is my first post and I just have to put this out there--Brad, I hope you go all the way!
    , ChefD! This is a GREAT board. Glad to have you with us!

I agree...Brad's song "I Meant To" is fantastic! You really need to hear the whole song. His whole demo cd is great! Then again, I am just a wee bit biased!
    Aunt Sheila

"When you have been racing as long as I have, your butt tells you how fast you are going." Jeff Gordon

Brad is a HOTTIE!! George is a great songwriter and singer. I just want to see one of these two win this contest, because otherwise it will be a joke if Matt wins. Matt doesn't have what it takes to sell CDs and I am so disappointed that he's continued to be in and talent like Jennifer Hicks and Lance Miller are out because of him. C'mon I know people vote for their favorite, but shouldn't your favorite have the talent to back it up too. I mean he's very funny in his own way, but so was Opie Taylor.. lol.. and that is who Matt looks like.. only grown up!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Brad is a HOTTIE!! George is a great songwriter and singer. I just want to see one of these two win this contest, because otherwise it will be a joke if Matt wins. Matt doesn't have what it takes to sell CDs and I am so disappointed that he's continued to be in and talent like Jennifer Hicks and Lance Miller are out because of him. C'mon I know people vote for their favorite, but shouldn't your favorite have the talent to back it up too. I mean he's very funny in his own way, but so was Opie Taylor.. lol.. and that is who Matt looks like.. only grown up!
    I would have preferred Lance in the finals as well, but Matt does have talent and I understand why he's attracted a following. My ideal final three would have been George, Lance, and Jennifer... I don't think there's any way Matt will win, so I wouldn't worry.

What a great moment it was to see Brad win! Congrats to Brad and all the fans who voted. Loved how he broke out into "I Wanna Thank Everyone." What a feeling of sweet vindication it must have been after his years of struggling to make it. As glad as I was to see Brad win, I'm gonna miss seeing him perform each week. It's ok though...I'm sure we'll be seeing much more of him in the future. He has an appeal that will transcend far beyond the boundaries of this show. There's something about his performances that draws everyone in...he comes across with a very real warmth and honesty, and makes you believe every word he sings. Not to mention, his taste in music is superb. Loved his rendition of "The Waiting" on the finale...that song is one of my faves. Can't wait to buy his CD.

Congratulations to Brad! What an awesome performance he gave last night after being announced the Nashville Star! And he was the Peoples Choice.. brought back by their votes! The choice of song for the end was very fitting. I love seeing them sing that to Nashville, who ignore these talent for some unknown reason. Nashville, Open your eyes up

Congratulation to Brad on being this year's Nashville Star winner. I hope he has a long and prosperous career.

FORT Newbie
    Rush, CO about 40 miles east of Colorado Springs

Nashville Star

Hi, this is my first time here and it's nice to be in a site where there aren't negative comments. My family and I watched Nashville Star last year and were happy Buddy Jewell won, but also loved John Arthur Martinez. I was very happy that Brad won this year as he is an extremely talented song writer and singer. I also thought George Canyon was excellent. Matt made me laugh and it was nice to see him come in third place. I thought it was funny when Nancy O'Dell went to shake the hands of the three and Brad pulled her in for a hug instead. I will be purchasing Brad's demo CD before Nashville molds him into what they want.

Welcome to the forum kksiff. I like it where there is no negativity, and everyone agrees that we all have our own personal opinions, some differ, but at least respect each others input. I loved this years Nashville Star and last years was great, but I have to say, this season was better. More talented singers and everyone of them were very courteous to each other. No one getting mad or crying because they were eliminated or anything. I do like this show much better than AI.. I honestly think that show should be eliminated. Just too much controversy going on for me.

I'm a Newbie

i'm new on here. i watched Nashville Star 2 and I love all three of the finalists, but Brad, wow, such a CUTIE!!!
    "KEITH URBAN AND BRAD COTTER RULE!"

+ Reply to Thread