+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Brad Cotter

Brad and the others may get a recording deal, but the way singers seem to come and go so quickly, replaced by the next up-and-comer, I just wish them all the best of luck with their short careers...
    Ouch

He is the only country singer who has consistently put out music I totally enjoy!!
    I have to agree with you regarding Tracy's voice and talent. "Paint Me a Birmingham" is fabulous.
    Last edited by Roxanne; 04-20-2004 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    I have to agree with you regarding Tracy's voice and talent. "Paint Me a Birmingham" is fabulous.
    You think so? I find it as boring as the other garbage out there now.

Yep, I love it. However, I have to admit that I have a great appreciation for Tracy's voice. Again, I've seen him perform live and was incredibly impressed with his vocal quality... no studio tricks there! His richness and depth of tone is something I truly enjoy, so I guess I'm biased regarding any material he puts out.

Back on topic.... I can't wait to hear Brad's original compisition this week (and yes, I'm being the epitomy of optimistic and saying that he WILL perform this week!).

Brad's Hometown Concert

I have to tell ya'll....Brad was FANTASTIC. He played with a local band and basically just had a great jam session. The USA crew was there filming and I had to keep hiding cause I was close up front. I hate to be on camera! LOL He looked great and the dimples are just a adorable as ever. He really knows how to work the ladies in the crowd with those dimples.

He sang "I miss me" and a couple more off his demo cd. He also sang all the songs he has sung on the show. It was just so good to see him live again. I've missed him. He looked tired but happy to be back in Auburn. When he got on stage, he said..."I've always wanted to do this" and then started a big cheer of War Eagle. For those unfamiliar with college football, that is the cheer us Auburn Tigers do on kickoffs and just our general battle cry! It was very very loud and a great way to start off the performance. As he was singing some of his songs of his cd, we were all singing along. He asked "how do ya'll know all these songs?" LOL I don't think he realizes how big the show is or how big a deal it is for us to have a hometown guy on it.

He seemed very tired after the long day. He started the morning off on a local radio show for an hour. Then went to a local restaurant for a meet/greet. There were hundreds of people in line and they ran out of photographs in the first hour. He seemed a little stunned at the response. Then he did a concert at a local golf club on the backyard pavilion. There were about 3,000 people there. Again he seemed a little stunned at the amount of people. That concert lasted about 2 hours. Then on to the War Eagle Supper Club here in Auburn. He was running late and started about 9:15 and played until about 12:15 or so. I'm not sure how many people were there but the place was packed.

All in all it was a fabulous day for everyone. At last count, he raised $26,000 for our local red cross. Of course that is not official, but what the rumurs are.

Hope this isn't too long to post....just thought ya'll might wanna know how things went and I just had to TELL SOMEBODY! LOL LOL There is a good article in our local paper if anyone wants to read it at www.oanow.com

Can't wait until Saturday!
    Last edited by AUAunt6; 04-20-2004 at 07:58 PM.
    Aunt Sheila

"When you have been racing as long as I have, your butt tells you how fast you are going." Jeff Gordon

Hey! Thanks for the update AUAunt6 and welcome to The FORT. I can only imagine how exciting that homecoming must have been for Brad, and that was a spiffy little recap of the days events you gave us. We'd love to hear any information you stumble across, and you don't need to worry about long posts, OK? Posts only seem long when they are wordy and don't say anything. (Not that we've ever had any of those! )

I wish Brad the best of luck. I'll likely be rooting for Lance come Saturday, but if Lance can't pull it out, I'll be behind Brad the rest of the way.

Zhora......Thanks for the welcome! I have been "lurking" here for awhile. This is a great group!

Lance is my 2nd favorite. I grew up on "real" country music and love his sound. If it wasn't for Brad being on the show, I would be voting for Lance.
    Aunt Sheila

"When you have been racing as long as I have, your butt tells you how fast you are going." Jeff Gordon

AUAunt6... thanks for the recap... wished i could have gone! looking forward to seeing brad perform again saturday!!
    I am what I am, God has made me...What do I see when I look in the mirror?? I see me.......Clay

Thanks for the recap/update AUAunt6! I'm so jealous that you got to go!

I haven't seen this show but a few times, but I'm looking for Brad to win. Not because he's the best, but because he's the most middle - of - the road, commercial, crossover type performer on the show. Talented, but bland. And probably the winner because of it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

live on a small farm new england originally from Sweden-English is my second language.
    Is he the one who wrote George Jones & Jesus? Because it struck me as clever and well thought out. I gotta say Nashville Star is more gratifying to me than American Idol. First the talent on this show is so much better. These people play their own instruments write their own songs and do covers. I wish more people apreciated the talent on this show. The remaining four are neck and neck in my book-appreciate each of their styles and the commitment they bring. I appreciate the fact There isn't a cut off date in terms of age. And thanks for the recap of Brad's trip to Auborn...
    Tim Wakefield is knuckleriffic

+ Reply to Thread