+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Brad Cotter

I like his voice and his smile.. Just wish he'd get rid of that odd chin hair.. not quite a goatee and not a beard.. Makes him look evil or something.
    If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him. - Anonymous

FORT Newbie
    Brad has a great chance of winning. The song he sang Saturday was great and you can buy it on his demo cd at www.bradcotter.com I wish he'd get rid of the little peach fuzz on the chin too. Does anyone else have a feeling that him and Marty might be hooking up? The gestures are there and he was carrying her on his shoulders at the Montgomery Gentry thing. Just thought that was funny. I know he is a ladies man.

Hmmm, I could believe he's a ladies man--he has that quality about him that lets you know he's female-aware. Kinda irks me because it clouds his star quality. As in, he has the most talent, the most heart, the most performance skills, but he might accidentally get sidetracked by the offer of a roll in the hay...
    ???
    He is clearly the best of all the contestants. He doesn't appear to be making a performance effort...he's simply singing, 100% natural, the easiest of all the contestants to watch and be absorbed in. I definitely liked the fact that he is a star performer on at least two instruments. That versatility will carry him a long ways, give him longevity that some of the other contestents won't have. You can only strum chords on a gee-tar for so long before the true musicians call you on your simple talent.

There are a few TOP musicians who are short on musical talent (Shania, and Kenny Chesney come to mind), but for the most part, the ones with longevity have earned it through their diverse musical skills. I think Brad has what it takes to join that skilled crowd.

I apologize if I offended any Shania or Kenny fans...but both of those have staked their careers on their presentability, not their skills, so even though they have made it huge in the short-term, they (by definition) can't last. (Of course, who needs to "last" when you make multi-millions in 3 years? So, there's more than one way to skin a cat. But, my heart lies with the truly-talented, not just the show-boats.)

Best of luck to Brad in displaying his skills and creating the deserved opportunities.

I'm not a big Shania fan but come on the girl writes her own songs w/hubby. That takes some kind of talent don't you think? Anyway I really enjoyed Brad's performance and his song.

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet
    I like his voice and his smile.. Just wish he'd get rid of that odd chin hair.. not quite a goatee and not a beard.. Makes him look evil or something.

I actually like his looks better with the facial hair It takes away from that baby face look he had before.
    Brad has impressed me more & more each week, and loved his original song "I Miss Me". I ordered his CD because it has that song on it, can't wait for it to arrive. He will make it to the top 3.

FORT Newbie
    Fireflyer, I really liked your outlook on Brad's whole chances of winning etc... and appreciate all the good things you had to say about him. Very astute. I plan on going up there for a taping soon. I'm assuming, of course, that he makes it through a few more episodes- there is no doubt IMO that he will make it. I have a 10 year old DEMO tape of his with amazing songs. When he sings, he can jerk a tear in your eye. He has a lot of emotion. One of the first songs I heard him sing that shook me up was "Please Come to Boston." Looking forward to many of your outlooks on this show.

I just rec'd Brad's CD the other day, it is really good. If you like Brad's voice, you won't be disappointed.

FORT Regular
    Thought just crossed my mind re: Brad. He's like the next Bryan White. Unfortunately, for Brad, Bryan White didn't last long. Country music isn't a good job for pretty boys; they usually don't last too long. It's the tough guy/bad boy look that wins us over.

Look at today's top stars. The only real pretty boy is Keith Urban, who has that whole Australian thing going for him, so he really doesn't count. They're a lot of good looking guys in country, but they all have that bad/tough/rough/hard working man guy thing going for them. Brad Cotter doesn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by halobrown
    They're a lot of good looking guys in country, but they all have that bad/tough/rough/hard working man guy thing going for them. Brad Cotter doesn't have that.
    He does not have it "yet". I recall a very fru-fru looking Toby Keith when he started out... with all that big feather-hair, bang look with all the curls with the glitter suits... being all sensitive... now look at how big of jerk he has turned into... That last interview I saw of him on CMT just left me cold...

Anyone who actually gets in the door and gets a deal... also gets that "stylist" who changes their complete look. I really doubt Brad's clean cut look is a strike against him... His own style of singing is what keeping him ahead in this contest... which counts more than if he is a tad too "pretty".... There is a stylist in Nashville right now with a pair of leather pants to give Brad that bad boy edge... haha!

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat
    I just rec'd Brad's CD the other day, it is really good. If you like Brad's voice, you won't be disappointed.
    I got mine the other day, too! It really is good.

+ Reply to Thread