+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: George Canyon

George Canyon

HOMETOWN: Nova Scotia, Canada

CURRENTLY RESIDES: Nova Scotia, Canada

BIO: George is a family man from Nova Scotia, Canada. He and his wife, who he met while doing a show in his hometown, have two children, Kale and Madison. George was formerly a Peace Officer in Nova Scotia to help support his musical career. He has been singing since he was four, and now plays the acoustic, electric, and bass guitars, as well as the keyboards, harmonica, dobro, mandolin, and even a little bit of pedal steel. He has been performing professionally for about 14 years, writes his own songs, and co-owns his own recording studio. His biggest musical influences are Elvis Presley, Keith Whitley, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Randy Travis, George Strait, Johnny Cash, Charlie Pride, and Merle Haggard. His biggest claim to fame (until now!) is that he is often mistaken for New York Ranger Mark Messier.

PERSONAL STATEMENT: "I am a huge fan of tradition, in both my life and my music. I allow different musical styles to influence my writing, but always find comfort in singing an old country classic. And every day I thank the Lord for mentors like Cash and Jennings and those who have walked the road before them."

Last edited by John; 03-11-2004 at 06:52 PM.

[IMG]images/img/ns_canyon.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, I'll bet this guy is pretty good. He sure has the experience. I'm glad there is at least one "deep traditional sounding voice" in the competition.

Here is a link to an article about George Canyon:

http://canadaeast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...3/CPA/10286018

FORT Newbie
    Can't wait to see Nashville Star tomorrow nite.

Tonight, GCF. Don't miss it

New Here

Hey y'all, I'm new to the board and to watching Nashville Star. Tonight will be the first time I watch it (I'm in Canada, we're a day late). I'm definitely rootin' for George Canyon like the rest of Canada. Been a fan of his as long as I can remember... his first single came out here when I was like twelve.
    I've been reading some posts and notice some people talking about not really being able to judge on just the first episode... which makes sense. (BTW, glad to see so many liking George... yah!) There's a website with
    audio samples to a lot of George's music from his first two cd's including his top ten singles (in Canada) 'Her Everything' and 'Enough Said' in FULL.
    I can't post links since it thinks I'm spamming (actually a really cool idea forum leaders... good thinkin) but if you e-mail me I'd be more than happy to pass on this link.

Anyways, I look forward to watching tonight....
    GO GEORGE!
    Tanya

Glad you decided to join us drakefn.
    I had a good first impression of George and look forward to hearing what he can do when allowed more time on stage.

Drake I'd be interested in those links, maybe you can send them to me in private message?

George is my favorite for now, of course it's solely based on first impression.

However last year Buddy Jewell was my favorite from day 1 so I tend to pick up who I like right away :-)

Although people post links to people's websites all the time on other forums, so I don't see why posting links that concern George Canyon under this thread would be spam really?

*looks to moderators*
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I think it's related to post count and/or length of membership, Wyndemere. The spam filter I mean.

If drakefn wants to PM me the links, I would be happy to post them for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast