+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: George Canyon

Have you guys seen George's website? It's really cool. I think he will win this competition most definitely. Do you guys agree? http://www.georgecanyon.com

List of all the websites: http://www.jokersupdates.com/ubbthre...mrd=1081483373

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    George is boring. Why are you guys so hung up on him? He hasn't differentiated himself at all. He does have a nice sound on the low notes but so do two of the other guys. George has always appeared in a cowboy hat, so maybe that's the draw? There just isn't much exciting about him, y'know? He has a great sound, he just doesn't have "IT". He does have a great name though. He should sell his name, bet he could profit off that! I've qualified my comments and comparisons in the 3/27 spoilers thread, page 5.

I have to say that I totally agree with you. George has a wonderful voice, a great name but has no personality. If there is such a thing as being too humble that is George. I think he needs to step it up and go out side the box

Well... George is a cowboy, stout & solid, and I think he fits right in with tradition. His name-brother within country music, George Strait, practically just stands straight up and down and sings for 2 hours at his concerts & people love him for his charisma and for his incredible talent as a singer and songwriter.
    I think Canyon will be a similar artist, nice, solid & someone ya can depend on to get your moneys worth for when ya go to one of his concerts... I think his personality is very sweet, very genuine, he is who he is & has a very powerful presence when he's on stage, just like Strait.

But... we can't expect everyone to like the same artists now can we, it would hardly be fair...someone's gotta support the other guys
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Well... George is a cowboy, stout & solid, and I think he fits right in with tradition. His name-brother within country music, George Strait, practically just stands straight up and down and sings for 2 hours at his concerts & people love him for his charisma and for his incredible talent as a singer and songwriter.
    I am old enough to remember when going to a concert meant seeing the performer stand on stage and sing for the duration of his portion of the show. I miss it. The swinging from the rafters bit and pyrotechnics can't compare to someone with an awesome voice and some wonderful songs to sing.

[QUOTE=WyndemereI think Canyon will be a similar artist, nice, solid & someone ya can depend on to get your moneys worth for when ya go to one of his concerts... I think his personality is very sweet, very genuine, he is who he is & has a very powerful presence when he's on stage, just like Strait..[/QUOTE]

Whether George wins or not, he's already a winner. I don't think he will have to worry about getting a record deal. I'm already looking forward to his CD

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    But... we can't expect everyone to like the same artists now can we, it would hardly be fair...someone's gotta support the other guys
    At this point in the competition, I've gotten to like all of them for different reasons. Hate to see any of them get thrown off .. but it's going to happen to all of them, but one of them.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I think that George is by far the best performer on the show. He is always so confident onstage and reminds me of Buddy Jewell in that he seems so cool. I love him!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Regular
    I read Tracy's interview on angrycountry. She thinks Brad is best. With that in mind I'm voting for George tonite. Brad is very pop sounding, and comes acrss as not genuine. George could use some coaching on stage presence but he's the most genuine of those left.

Quote Originally Posted by djbee
    I read Tracy's interview on angrycountry. She thinks Brad is best. With that in mind I'm voting for George tonite. Brad is very pop sounding, and comes acrss as not genuine. George could use some coaching on stage presence but he's the most genuine of those left.
    I agree with you about Brad. He sounds like all the other so-called country acts these days. I'll be throwing my votes to George, for whatever it's worth. I would buy George's CD, I would pay to see George in concert. I would not do either for Brad.

I caught the show and just loved watching George - don't care if he's from Canada and is married! George had my vote!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappygirl
    I caught the show and just loved watching George - don't care if he's from Canada and is married! George had my vote!
    Sorry, but I think this guy is darn right plastic. He's okay, talent wise, but not spectacular. I voted for Brad and Matt cuz I think George should come in third... and not because he's Canadian...

If anyone is fake, I would think Matt would fit that catagory. I can't believe he's been voted to stay in as long as he has. Sorry, but I don't really see where he is talented at all. The only thing he has going for him is the fact he's funny and entertaining, but he can not sing. George and Brad have him beat there.. by far. I think they should be glad that only Americans can vote for the contestants too.. speaks a lot for George and his American fans.. but he would have more votes if Canada was allowed to vote.[/QUOTE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast