+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: George Canyon

Thought y'all might like to see this... it's the quote of the week on George's website....

Just wanted to let you know that you have my vote. Honestly, I was against you at first because you're from Canada, but you are AWESOME!!

Being Canadian it made me laugh... since some (though most don't) have this thing against Canadians that just doesn't change. Yah George for changing someones mind!
    You look like the kind of guy that would kick somebody's butt and then lead them to the Lord.

George Canyon for Nashville Star!
    Check my profile for the official George Canyon Fanlisting.

Quote Originally Posted by drakefn
    Thought y'all might like to see this... it's the quote of the week on George's website....

Just wanted to let you know that you have my vote. Honestly, I was against you at first because you're from Canada, but you are AWESOME!!

Being Canadian it made me laugh... since some (though most don't) have this thing against Canadians that just doesn't change. Yah George for changing someones mind!
    We aren't all ignorant in the states...just as I'm sure not all Canadian's "have a thing" against Americans (altho some do).

Personally, I've been a fan of George's since the first show, and I still say he's the best in the competition. Doesn't matter where he's from, it's the talent that counts.

FORT Regular
    Anyone else feel that maybe Sony had George in mind all the time to sign, and his performing on NS2 was just to get more oomph and radio play when they brought him out?

FORT Regular
    I felt the same way last year about Miranda. Sony (ie the judges) were pushing Miranda hard with the viewers. I think they were surprised when Buddy and JAM ended up with more votes.(as they should have IMO)

This year it looks like the contest may have been arranged the way it was -groupings of 4 etc, to keep a couple talented contenders out, ie Jones, McGraw., while letting in the less likely such as Gregory. This makes less competition for Canyon, who I think Sony wants to win. No more Buddy or John Arthurs getting in the way of Sony's chosen one.

So much for the conspiracy theory. I'm not sure I believe what I just wrote, but I have thought it on occaision.

[QUOTE=Misty8723]We aren't all ignorant in the states...just as I'm sure not all Canadian's "have a thing" against Americans (altho some do). [QUOTE]

LMAO, I know that... that's why I said since some (though most don't). I've unfortunately had very bad experiences with a couple Americans who don't like Canadians.

And no... all Canadians have something against Americans... j/k j/k
    You look like the kind of guy that would kick somebody's butt and then lead them to the Lord.

George Canyon for Nashville Star!
    Check my profile for the official George Canyon Fanlisting.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmac
    I've never heard the song George sang "The Long Goodbye" before. Has anyone else???
    Yes they played that song ALL the time on the radio when it was "in" (probably almost 2 years ago or so) and yes it is Brooks & Dunn like drakefn said :-) Beautiful song, it suited him REALLY well.

And personally I don't care where he's from as long as the man can sing, and that he can! lol.
    I think perhaps some Americans will be spiteful because Canada gets the credit for George? lol (A little jealousy perhaps?? :-) It's been known to happen :-))
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmac
    I've never heard the song George sang "The Long Goodbye" before. Has anyone else???

Never heard it sang by george either..

George is boring. Why are you guys so hung up on him? He hasn't differentiated himself at all. He does have a nice sound on the low notes but so do two of the other guys. George has always appeared in a cowboy hat, so maybe that's the draw? There just isn't much exciting about him, y'know? He has a great sound, he just doesn't have "IT". He does have a great name though. He should sell his name, bet he could profit off that! I've qualified my comments and comparisons in the 3/27 spoilers thread, page 5.

Quote Originally Posted by djbee
    I felt the same way last year about Miranda. Sony (ie the judges) were pushing Miranda hard with the viewers. I think they were surprised when Buddy and JAM ended up with more votes.(as they should have IMO)

This year it looks like the contest may have been arranged the way it was -groupings of 4 etc, to keep a couple talented contenders out, ie Jones, McGraw., while letting in the less likely such as Gregory. This makes less competition for Canyon, who I think Sony wants to win. No more Buddy or John Arthurs getting in the way of Sony's chosen one.

So much for the conspiracy theory. I'm not sure I believe what I just wrote, but I have thought it on occaision.
    I agree with you to a point, especially about the groupings of 4. It was a crime to eliminate Richie Jones and Sean Patrick McGraw based on this. Both of these guys would have gone very far in this competition.

However, if Sony really wanted George Canyon to win this thing;then he would have been selected as the winner of the Philadelphia regional. They chose 1 person to advance (winner) from each regional, and then selected others from all the regionals to make up the 20. Mal Rodgers was the winner of the Philly regional. George was selected from the Philly regional to make it to the final 20.

I think that George has a great shot at winning, especially now that the judges have no say-so in who gets eliminated. I think Sony wanted a woman to win this year; but the women left on the show are not as talented as the men IMO.

George is my favorite, and has been since the first show!!

FORT Regular
    I changed my mind about what I wrote. It's just very odd the way the 4's were grouped.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast