+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buddy Jewell's CD - July 1!

Buddy Jewell's CD - July 1!

Now you can pre-order Buddy Jewell's full-length CD. Just click on the image above.

Zhora
    Hey thanks for the update John. I think I'll wait to hear a couple of tracks or reviews, but I would certainly buy it if it's not all that sappy slow stuff.

Tigrazhia

I will click & pre-order this week.... I love Buddy
    Thanks for the link :-)

Tigrazhia

Buddy Jewell's CD - short review

Well....I bought Buddy's cd today.

First of all, let me just say that I went to Music Wherehouse first, as I was in the mall, and they were actually SOLD OUT on Buddy's cd and they had ONE copy left of his single. So even though I was bummed that I didn't get the cd I wanted, I was really happy for Buddy that it was sold out.

So I headed over a couple of blocks to old, dependable WalMart...where the Buddy Jewell cd was displayed on the Best Seller rack.

The cd starts out with "I wanna thank everyone" , which he performed on Nashville Star the night he won & "Help pour out the rain" is the second one, which should be known by now by anyone who watched the show and/or listens to country radio.

Actually a few of his songs are quite familiar by now, like Abilene and One in a Row , both which he performed on NS.

"Today I started loving you again".
    The cd features this great duet with Miranda Lambert. It is a slow ballad which sounds very much like the good "old-fashion" kind of country music that I miss from a lot of the modern country music styles that are out today. If I was to compare it to someone familiar, I'd say it's a Tammy Wynette/George Jones kind of duet & it reminds very much of that kind of style.

Jamey Garner actually plays the harmonica on one of his songs, "Sweet southern comfort" , but he didn't get to sing though.... lol

Among the more fast-paced stuff if "I Wanna thank everybody" , which isn't fast persae but a good-paced two stepper.
    There's "Abilene" which was a favorite of mine from NS, it's nice and upbeat and needs no further explanation to anyone who knows Buddy....

"O'Reilly's luck" is fast & original with kind of an irish undertone but is still country music style, and is a story-telling kind of tune.

"I can get by" is a real twangy toe-tapper with some awesome steel guitar & great fiddle solos & guitar jammin' & all that tasty stuff.

It's a good album in true Buddy Jewell style, I love every single song including the ballads, I've listened through the cd three times now and they just get better each time.
    Every song is well written & well performed :-)

Reaaally good for a first cd (well first official cd as he had the two other ones, which aren't for sale anymore in fact) and I can't wait for the next one (and I promise to get the next one from Amazon.com and support the FORT!! lol...)

Disclaimer: This review may be a bit biased due to the poster being a big Buddy Jewell fan.............. So not all may agree with my opinion... probably not actually

Zhora
    Glad you liked it Wyndemere! Have you heard any of those songs on the radio?

Barbikins
    The CD is really good. He sounds very professional on it & ALL of the songs are good. It's hard to find a CD like that anymore.

Since there's a new post in the forum and all, I wanted to mention that I was at Target the other day, and Buddy's CD was prominently displayed with a few other top CD's. I hope he's selling like gangbusters.

Tigrazhia
    I sent Buddy's CD to my dad for his birthday... My dad loves the old kind of country music & not too keen on newer stars but he absolutely loved Buddy's CD. I'm really happy, it seems Buddy is somehow crossing the gap between old & new country with his songs in a weird, strange cool kinda way .... or so I gather from the response I got from my dad's feedback anyhow

It's cool...still waiting for them to crack another one of songs open on the radio, wonder which single will come out next.... Abilene maybe?

+ Reply to Thread