+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1/5/05 Show Discussion thread - The Pauls and Nanny Deb

This show shouldn't be called Nanny 911 it should be called Parenting 101 :rolleyes
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Hey, Unk. Are the other Nanny 911 threads closed to posting until 1am??? I am dying to post in the Nanny Deb category that unbelievably she had trouble at first and faced daunting obstacles and YET turned it all around in the end to nothing but rainbows and sunshine...
    Just so you know Karen, I totally caught your sarcasm.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fanatic
    I'm enjoying Nanny 911 but am getting sick of the repitition... are there any families out there without multiples that need help? Any without a neurotic under/over controlling mother (come on, there must be a neurotic dad or two somewhere...)? With all the casting of less than perfect mothers I'm beginning to think Freud works for Fox.

Ok, mom needed a little therapy.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

For a while there, it looked as if the mom wanted Nanny Deb's strategies to fail, so that mom's failure could be justified. I think the mom just suffered from a severe case of the "I need to be needed" syndrome. She engineered everything so that she was the axis of that whole broken wheel of a family.

FORT Fan
    Once again, I am just so ticked off that people have children and then refuse to raise them!

Geez! Give them some rules, give them some chores (even a 1-year-old can be told "here, honey, drop your ball into this box" while holding the box encouragingly.

And when they're 2, hand them a toy broom and let them sweep the kitchen. It'll become a habit before they even realize it's a chore and not some new game.

I watched this show for the first time by accident and I was totally sucked in. The mom frustrated me beyond reason. But I was practically tearing up in the end.

I am so baffled but these people lack of common sense when it comes to raising their children. Do they not know that children need boundries and rules to live by??? Were they raised by ---wait, I was going to say wolves-- but wolves do have rules to live by so I can't use them as examples. Actually all animals have instinctive rules to raise the young by - except for humans!!!! Who's the more intelligent species now???? LOL

Seriously, I don't know what these parents are thinking and how on earth do they put up with the noise??????!!!!!! My husband refuses to be in the same room when I'm watching this show. He can't take the noise!! I am appalled at the way they allow their kids to act and not think its wrong? I am a parent of 5, I had them in 8 years so they were all little together and they drove me nuts but they were not - I repeat - not allowed to whine and scream and talk like these kids on tv are!!!! What is wrong with these parents?????!!!!!

Now that I see this on tv, I realize why I am seeing kids like this all over the place. Parents, it time to do your job and raise respectful, quieter kids!! Watch Nanny 911!!!! Please!! LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345