+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 12/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This show drove me crazy last night.......I didn't want to watch it but my family did and I was like why? Its obvious that the kids rule the roost at that house and I'm curious if they once again rule the roost.
    I kept thinking as I was watching that I know a few people in my family that could benefit from watching the show if they would listen to what the Nanny was saying and follow through. But then again I know that won't happen.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

THIS is why I dread taking my kids to Disneyland or any amusement park. THIS is why Chuck E. Cheese birthdays are absolutely out of the question (my family and friends know not to even ask if I'd like to go {it's a definite migraine trigger} ... plus, my kids are too old anyways). I won't go to a McDonald's with a "Play Place" in it. Because, unfortunately this seems to be a large majority of kids' behaviors now. (But of course I'm not talking about our dear FORT members' kids. Our children are precious widdle punkins ) Parents (in this case, the mom) like this are the reason! When will they learn they can't be their child's friend?! The children have no respect and no limits or boundaries with her. The lollipop thing was killing me! Just like Unk said (only I'm adding a few extra-special words) ... "Mom, get off yer butt and move the bowl!" "No" HAS to mean "NO"! You've got to be consistent. Those kids see how wishy-washy she is and they're manipulating her with everything they do. The mom cries when he hits her with a toy? She cried? You've gotta be kidding me! You grab him by the arm (a hard little squeeze to show you mean business and that this is very serious) and you look him in the eyes with intensity and tell him "You canNOT ever do that. Do you hear me?" It works. Believe me, it works. They've got to know you're the boss. This woman is also teaching her kids that they don't have to be respectful to adults, either. They were awful to the nanny. The awful words they'd spit at her made me so angry. I just don't know if I can watch this show anymore. It makes me too upset. My husband can't hear the show half the time because I'm constantly shouting at the parents and the kids. Fox tries to edit it into one neat little package with a beautiful bow put on at the end of the week, but we're not buying it.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Chuck E. Cheese???? I would rather play in traffic on a rainy day during ruch hour traffic then have to deal with kids at Chuck E. "beat my kids please" Cheese.

Who gave birth to whom? what ever happened to discipline! I can't understand how parents allow things to go so far. Somewhere your self respect has to kick in. I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I let some little rug rats treat me that way and it kills me how these families are so defensive over their "parenting techniques". You'd think they'd be willing to do whatever it took to get their self respect back.

LG.
    the mom in the Priore family was the only parent so far who really acknowledged that what they were doing wasn't working and was totally open to what the Nannies had to offer. I agree, a former nanny like Ginger should have known that the kids will eventually stop crying if she starts setting some boundaries and being consistent.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

This was the first time I watched this show. I don't know if it is for me or not, but my gosh, I am glad this lady got some help! Kids hitting their parents, pacifiers at age 3 and 4, and what is with the sippy cups?

Bet their dental bills are gonna be huge down the line!

I saw a commercial for an alter ego of Nanny 911 last night, anyone know the name? I barely caught it!

Quote Originally Posted by Belvasgirl
    I saw a commercial for an alter ego of Nanny 911 last night, anyone know the name? I barely caught it!
    Super Nanny on ABC Belvas? I'm pretty sure that was the name, I've been seeing the commercial about every 10 minutes when I watch something on that channel the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Chuck E. Cheese???? I would rather play in traffic on a rainy day during ruch hour traffic then have to deal with kids at Chuck E. "beat my kids please" Cheese.
    I used to manage one of those back in the early 80's when they first opened up. I love kids, but my gawd that was a terrible experience. A whole building full of kids like you saw last night. It's a wonder I'm not in therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Super Nanny on ABC Belvas? I'm pretty sure that was the name, I've been seeing the commercial about every 10 minutes when I watch something on that channel the past few days.
    Yep that's the one. I can't remember when it starts. I thought I would hate seeing two wife swap type shows, but I guess I am just a reality junkie, I like them both, they have their pros and cons.

Kao
    I'll bet if Mom put some hotsauce on those "dodies" and then gave them to the children, that would have cured that habit a long time ago!

The pacifier thing is a pet peeve of mine. If the kid is old enough to ask for a pacifier, they're too old to have one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345