+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nanny 911, the McRoberts Family: Brothers For Life, If they All Survive The Week

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha! LG, you are simply too clever! Hilarious, hilarious recap . . . I can't think of a more enjoyable way to start off the day. Way too many great moments to quote them all, but the iron chef segment almost had me in tears from laughing so hard.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 11-23-2004 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.

McFlurries and McFist-fights[/b]
    Man your good. Hilarious.

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar
    whew, I DO feel relieved getting the week off. I'd hate to try to write a recap while on a turkey-buzz (what is that stuff, tryptophan ?) as that might distract me from the episode. That would be a first .
    Your recaps are very much enjoyed. At least you can enjoy the holiday and the turkey effects (long luxurious nap after the feast) without being distracted by having to watch screaming kids and annoying parents (unless they are invited guests in your home for dinner).

Looking forward to your next recap when the show continues... whichever episode they decide to air?????

Have a great TURKEY DAY!

I'm a day late and a dollar short, but LG, your recaps make the Nanny 911 experience so much fun. I love your meanderings into Iron Chef and IRS territory. Great job!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

OK, so if hepcat is a day late and a dollar short...I must be chopped liver.

Great recap LG!

Iím thinking that all of these boys were born in December to maximize his tax deduction for a full year while only having the children for the last month of the year. That would be the most prudent tax stance on this whole ďhaving childrenĒ issue. Doug seems savvy like that. Letís just say if you ask Doug McRoberts to go car shopping with you, youíd end up paying full price, but walking out with two or perhaps three new cars. They must love shopping at Samís Club.
    Ö..
    Iím betting that baby brother Jimmy Osmondís color was Puce or Salmon.

Yup, Donny Osmond, the King of Purple, long before Prince became, well, the Prince of Purple. And then the Unpronounceable Symbol Guy of Purple. And then the Prince of Purple once again. There isnít much else to do in Minnesota except to watch for Princeís latest name changes, and of course exude Purple Pride over the Vikingsí football performances. Right, lots of pride there the last couple of weeks. *cough, anothermidseasonchoke, cough*
    Ö..
    Nanny Deb and Nanny Stella would be Iron Chefs Chinese and Japanese, as their style is very similar and would be an ďAsian FusionĒ style of traditional English Nannying. Oh spell check, donít try to tell me that Nannying isnít a word. It is obviously the only correct word describing the act of being a Nanny. Time to add a new word to Ye Olde Dictionary on this computer. Suddenly I feel like the John Madden of recap writing, inventing words on a whim. Oooooh, itís so liberating.
    Ö..
    Oh, I know the allure of escaping into the Internal Revenue Code. It can be quite a seductive little siren, with its proposed yet never finalized and superceded yet never updated Treasury Regulations, contradictory Announcements, and Revenue Rulings and Procedures. Iíve found something on point, but alas, it is a Private Letter Ruling, and cannot be relied upon except for the party seeking the ruling. If only it had been a Field Service Bulletin! Is that an above the line deduction I spy! Yes, it is a peaceful little world with rules and great periods of silence, in Tax Accounting Sangra-La (especially in November, not so much in April).
    Ö..
    I want to be a brother for life. Iím oozing penis envy as I type this.
    Oh My God! *falls off chair*

Since Iím sticking with dogs at this point, I wasnít planning on watching this child-rearing show. If it is even half as entertaining as your recap though, I might have to check it out. Thanks for the laughs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12