+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

LUCYGRL
    Mantenna, I was thinking the samething. I figured, even by the second, you would know your not too good at dealing with kids. Could they have really "planned" that large of family. This was the first time I watched and I think I would like it if I can get over the desire to reach through the tv and give those kids a good ol fashion whipping . Well, I thought, Oh,my god, she's using the "time out" and no way will that work. But It seemed to, at least what we could see, to have worked
    I wonder how much of it was edited to look that way.

LUCYGRL
    I thought it was sad that the M-in-law a.k.a.granny didn't come around much after the second child was born. What a supportive mom Also, she figured it was because the parents were both Pices, What would that have to do with raising children What an excuse to not be a supportive mom and grandma( I don't thinks she deserves the honered title of grandma) :phhht

Both of those parents did what bother me the most about some parents. They just sat where they were and kept yelling at the kids to behave rather then getting up and making them behave (when the one kid was on the dining room table)

Plus, as was mentioned before, why keep having kids if you can't handle the ones you have?
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Darn it! I missed it again! I'll read the recap.

Great observation, Manny! Nice Avatar, too!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by lucygrl
    I thought it was sad that the M-in-law a.k.a.granny didn't come around much after the second child was born. What a supportive mom Also, she figured it was because the parents were both Pices, What would that have to do with raising children What an excuse to not be a supportive mom and grandma( I don't thinks she deserves the honored title of grandma) :phhht
    I don't know: I can see it your way, lucygrl, and I can also see the Grandmother's point of view.

Regarding the grandmother, she "raised her kids", the daughter. At one point, there was only ONE kid in that household, C.J. I think his name was. When the second one came along, and if Grannie was seeing anything like the bad behavior that we witnessed last night, it had to be frustrating. She could either say, "Hey, Daughter! Use some control and discipline!" or she could have ignored it and grit her teeth. And, if she tried to help her daughter out but she said, "Mom, I can do it MYSELF!", then her hands were tied.

Going to anyone's house, where the children are loud and disrespectful, is a drag. As her daughter continued to pump out the UberBrats, she probably just got tired of the chaos and quit coming over.

I have to say, I'd probably behave identically like Gran if that was MY daughter and grandbabies.

In regards to what one poster stated, where they wondered why there was so little bonding between the Nanny and the kids, just how much bonding can occur in one week? Beside, it was an up hill battle from the beginning and if the pinnacle of success was just getting the brats to sit at a table, she accomplished her goal.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

mandatory parenting classes, mandatory parenting classes, mandatory parenting classes.
    That's all I have to say.

It's ok for kids to be kids but they have to know there are boundaries and consequences. You have to wonder how many families suffer in silence because they aren't smart enough to ask for help or take good advice when it's offered.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I watched it with my kids, and had to pause it several times laughing, saying, "look, you guys do that!" My house isn't the only place where children climb in the doorways and balance on pony walls. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    I don't know: I can see it your way, lucygrl, and I can also see the Grandmother's point of view.

Regarding the grandmother, she "raised her kids", the daughter. At one point, there was only ONE kid in that household, C.J. I think his name was. When the second one came along, and if Grannie was seeing anything like the bad behavior that we witnessed last night, it had to be frustrating. She could either say, "Hey, Daughter! Use some control and discipline!" or she could have ignored it and grit her teeth. And, if she tried to help her daughter out but she said, "Mom, I can do it MYSELF!", then her hands were tied.

Going to anyone's house, where the children are loud and disrespectful, is a drag. As her daughter continued to pump out the UberBrats, she probably just got tired of the chaos and quit coming over.

I have to say, I'd probably behave identically like Gran if that was MY daughter and grandbabies.

In regards to what one poster stated, where they wondered why there was so little bonding between the Nanny and the kids, just how much bonding can occur in one week? Beside, it was an up hill battle from the beginning and if the pinnacle of success was just getting the brats to sit at a table, she accomplished her goal.
    Hear Hear!! I am in total agreement with this, I HAD two friends, a nice married couple (this is about 20 years ago) then they had one child, somewhat "rambuncious"(sp?) then they has 2... Enough said! "Uncle" Paul stopped visiting, my head hurt too much when I went home from all that yelling (I swear the parents made it twice as bad by yelling instead of getting up and stopping something.)
    Last edited by just1paul; 11-14-2004 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelled my as mt
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    I watched it with my kids, and had to pause it several times laughing, saying, "look, you guys do that!" My house isn't the only place where children climb in the doorways and balance on pony walls. Who knew?
    Is doorway-climbing a "boy thing"? My nephews do it, but my nieces don't.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12