+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Nanny 911' cries for 86-ing

LG.
    Qboots, you mean my tv can get stations besides FOX?!?!?!? What have I been watching Paradise Hotel and Big Fat Obnoxious Everyone shows for then?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    Qboots, you mean my tv can get stations besides FOX?!?!?!? What have I been watching Paradise Hotel and Big Fat Obnoxious Everyone shows for then?
    Have you checked your batteries?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Definite 86

I actually did watch the 11/10 episode and decided yes let us 86 it!
    YIKES!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I really liked this show. It is the best form of birth control!
    I love lamp

I'd like to have kids one day. I pretty much think I can keep any children I may have from acting like brats and I don't need to wear a nanny outfit to do it,but for some parents who have no clue I think the nanny gave some good advise. I've never been one who bought into praising a kid for every little thing and not wanting to say no to your kid. At least the nanny was straight forward and told the parents to act like parents and not let the kids run things. I hate it when parents let their kids act like that.

FORT Regular
    I think this is another show that gives large families the reputation of being chaotic. That said, I never understand folks like this...who have a lot of kids and have a big enough age range that you'd THINK they'd realize before the last one or two that they aren't really aces at parenting.

LG.
    the first episode featured a family with only 2 kids, so it's not only large families that can get out of control. Also, with the 11/17 episode, all 5 of those boys were from only 2 pregnancies, so maybe they were thinking "just one more" when they got twins.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    all 5 of those boys were from only 2 pregnancies, so maybe they were thinking "just one more" when they got twins.
    Boy did the ever crap out when they rolled the dice on that one
    My suggestion to them.....never go to Vegas.

This show really encourages the idea that there should be required licensing of parents

What I do like about this show, and about Wife Swap, is that since these are generally at least middle class families, instead of working class, it's not about parents themselves being constrained by much, except their own laziness or prejudices. In the Nanny 911 show with the 5 boys, when the mom freaked out about ink on the leather furniture, and then one kid peed under the table with a little sculpture, I just had to laugh *at* the mom, for not kidproofing, and for giving the one kid permission to pee without being suspicious as to where he'd do it since he asked first. And what's with the dad giving kids coffee and then saying not to tell mom? I thought he was supposed to be a cop? So much for teaching respect for authority. Obviously that first pregnancy didn't tire them out enough, if they were able to have another so soon

Well, I actually like the show, but maybe I'm weird. Wait scratch that. I'm weird.

I believe there are a lot of common themes with all the families and parents of today. We have such a hard time setting limits for our kids and then wonder why they are so out of control. Kids crave limits and routine . . especially when they are younger. If you set no limits, they will keep pushing the envelope of bad behavior . . essentially looking for those limits.

Start setting those limits and setting routines . . and voila! Well, I don't know if it's as easy as it looks on TV, but I think it's easier than people think. If you're willing to stick to it and of course, present a united front.

One of my pet peeves about parents are those who complain about something . . like it takes 2 hours to put their children to bed every night. But then when it is suggested they do something like set the appopriate limits to change the behavior, it's like, "Who has time for that?" OK, but you have the time to spend 2 hours a night EVERY night fighting over bedtime? Hmmmmmmm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12