+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox Pulls Plug...Maybe

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    A decent solution would be to shelve the series until summer and air it from start to finish (including the episodes already aired).
    Yeah, and give it a decent time slot. I thought Sunday night was an awful time for this show.

FORT Newbie
    Wow. Fox screwed up another one of their shows. How shocking. /uberworldshatteringsarcasm

FORT Fan
    These networks need to understand that when you put a show on and you want to capture an audience, you do not need to pull it , place it back, and/or move it to another time slot. Reality shows are only good for 1 showing (except TAR but that is a whole other thread...). How many episodes are left? 3 or 4? They could easily find time on Saturday night or something to show the remaining episodes for the few who want to see them. IMHO it is surprising that the network that has a great news channel and is a "conservative" company can have such lurid and crappy shows and pull the shows that a few of us a interested in. In Fiance, I thought it was a buildup to a huge train wreck but it actually turned out good. I was hoping that this show would do something similar but I have since forgotten the characters and almost forgotten the storyline. Good job FOX. I have invested 5 hours into this show already and would like to see the ending. I doubt I will make such an investment again.
    Last edited by rssrara; 01-06-2005 at 11:44 PM.
    Debbie: "Bianca, why would those rugby players have to eat each other when they crashed on a beach?"

FORT Fan
    For the record, the 5th episode aired on Dec. 12, 2004. That is the last time that "Boss" has aired.

According to various sources, Fox ordered 10 episodes, which means that 5 episodes remain un-aired.

Also, pulling a reality series and airing it later in its entirety has precedent. ABC aired "Mole 2" in the fall season for only 2-3 episodes before placing it on hiatus. ABC returned the series the following summer and aired all episode, including the few already seen. The numbers it posted helped ABC keep it around for 2 more seasons (although replacing regular people with celebrities).

How does that saying go? … “Cancel a show once, shame on me. Cancel a show twice, I’ll never watch another Fox reality show!”

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoBurbs
    How does that saying go? … “Cancel a show once, shame on me. Cancel a show twice, I’ll never watch another Fox reality show!”
    That sounds vaguely familiar.

I guess I think there should be a different rule for reality shows. They're like a mini-series. They have a set number of episodes, with a beginning, a middle, and an end. I believe that if you're going to film say, 12 episodes, you need to commit to either showing all of them, or none of them. It's like having a 2-part movie that airs on a Sunday night and a Monday night. Even if the network is disappointed in the ratings they get the first night, they still air part 2.
    FOX should be from the airwaves!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Rumor has it, on another fansite that it may be moved to fox.com "in the future"...meaning never. Stupid Fox.

Couldn't they just put this on FX ?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It appears others think the same way

Fox won't say why it pulled Boss from its schedule, but the decision was likely made because of low ratings - the series was getting clobbered by ABC's hit show Desperate Housewives. Five episodes of Boss remain to be seen. They probably will not be shown on the broadcast Fox network, though it is possible they will eventually be shown on the cable channel FX. Another possibility is that the episodes will be made available on Fox's Web site,

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArt icle%2FWSJ_RelishArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031780061957&path=!news!entertainment!telev ision&s=1037645508994

It's like reading all but the last chapter of a book. I HAVE to finish, and this is killing me.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast