+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox Pulls Plug...Maybe

:phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht
    I just get so aggravated when they do this!
    :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Premium Member
    Wow, FOX really needs to rethink it's foray into reality television programming. How many times are they going to dump money and time into a reality show, only to suddenly pull it from the air and let it sit on the shelf collecting dust?? That just doesn't seem to make good business sense to me. I mean, is their programming schedule so full of must-see hit shows that they cannot find some air-time to at least slip the remaining few episodes in and attract the at least 4 million fewers they had to begin with? FOX needs to realize they don't have the talent to create reality shows with longevity on a consistent basis, and I am tired of them just throwing out there one attempt after another until one actually catches a respectable viewing audience number. And I don't know how they expect to keep any ratings numbers for their reality shows in the future with the pattern they are setting. FOX = Lamest. network. ever.

FORT Fan
    This comment isn't really about "Boss" (not having watched the series), but about Fox in general.

I found it interesting when a Fox executive, Preston Beckman, attempted to ridicule NBC president Jeff Zucker after he pulled "Last Comic Standing" with only one episode left.

The quote went something like this "...well at least we [Fox] don't pull an episode with only one episode left to air."

While that is technically true, Fox prefers to pull a series with more than one episode left. "Playing it Straight" and "Boss" immediately come to mind.

Unfortunately, Fox doesn't have but only a handful of hits ("Cops", "America's Most Wanted", "Simpsons", "King of the Hill", "24", "American Idol", and "The O.C."), and the series that used to be hits are now on a steady decline ("Malcolm" and "That 70's Show"). The current management at Fox, I'm talking to you, Gail Berman, have no idea how to run a broadcast network. Maybe they should take some pointers from cable sister, FX. They managed to produce 3 hits in 3 years ("Sheild", "Nip/Tuck", and "Rescue Me"), while Fox is busy throwing any and everything reality against a wall to see what finally sticks.

FORT Newbie

re:

I'm shocked!!!!! Ok, not really. I loved the show, but I recognize that it didn't have broad appeal, and it was unfortuatelly schedulled at an extraordinarilly competitive time. For better or worse most TV viewers want feel good happy endings, not weekly Humilations, no matter how well deserved. Even more unfortuate, the show is now stigmatized, and will probably not be run to completion.

I made it official and complained by email directly to the Big Fat Obnoxious Network. I let them know that I will think twice before investing any time a new Fox series, because they can't be trusted, and I am not a happy viewer. :phhht

The address is askfox@foxinc.com, if anyone is interested.

Bummer! Maybe they will run the series in its entirety on FX?? Or some other FOX affiliated cable station??

Is FOX ever going to be like the "Big 3" networks and do their Prime Time for 3 hours instead of just 2? They would have more leeway to reorganize the schedule when a show ends up against that season's breakaway hit. Just an idea, FOX.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    So it turns out it's on opposite this season's smash hit. Move it to a different spot and give it a chance.
    I CONCUR!!! Not only that, I agree!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    I made it official and complained by email directly to the Big Fat Obnoxious Network. I let them know that I will think twice before investing any time a new Fox series, because they can't be trusted, and I am not a happy viewer. :phhht

I just did that, too.

I signed my name, and underneath it I put (as my title)
    "A Big, Fat Obnoxious Fan of My Big, Fat, Obnoxious Boss."

Who knows? I was one of many people who voiced my strong objections to Clairol, via e-mail, when that company was seriously considering having Osama-rosa become a spokesperson. I firmly voiced my discontent and the company changed its mind after getting tons of e-mails from people like me.

I'm hoping that if enough of us write to Fox we may be able to convince them to air the remaining episodes.

I have a feeling, though, this may be due to reasons over and above poor ratings. I have had a feeling all along, as I've watched the episodes air, that some contestant probably sued Fox over being portrayed as such a dope, and Fox may well have been bullied out of airing the remaining episodes.

That's just my gut feeling, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Fox got into some legal trouble with one or more contestants. . . .

FORT Fan
    If Fox is going to air the remaining episodes, it will likely be March at the earliest.

Rerun episodes of "Family Guy" take over the time period beginning January 16 and will run through at least the end of the month.

With the poor ratings so far, Fox will likely not want to run the series during the February ratings sweeps, when networks try to get the most possible viewers.

A decent solution would be to shelve the series until summer and air it from start to finish (including the episodes already aired).

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam

I've added my 2cents as well.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast