+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No "Boss" 12/19 or 12/26

FORT Fogey

No "Boss" 12/19 or 12/26

To all:

Those of you who were looking for My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss may have to wait a while for the next episode.

I suspect because of an NFL overrun last week that caused Malcolm In The Middle to pre-emoted, FOX had to run an extra episode of that show on Sunday night. Next Sunday (December 26), FOX already has two episodes scheduled for that time slot, and I seriously doubt they'll run a new episode on Janaury 2 because the following Sunday (1/9), FOX has the two-hour season premiere of "24" at 8:00 PM ET/PT OR following an NFC Wild-Card playoff game. There also may be a pre-emption on Sunday 1/16 if FOX has the 4:45 PM divisional playoff game that evening (as that will run until at least 8:30), and I don't think FOX would air anything new on Sunday 1/23 opposite the AFC Championship Game on CBS, which is likely a rematch between potentially two 15-1 teams, the New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers.

The following Sunday (1/30) isn't good because of the Super Bowl the next Sunday (February 6), so it may not be until February 13 when we see the next episode.

I kind of doubt it has anything to do with Malcolm in the Middle, since one of tonight's Malcolm episodes was a rerun from last season. More likely they're just taking a break for Christmas, as many shows do.

Here is the episode schedule as per TV Tome: (thanks canastasamba!)

07-Nov-2004 Episode 1
    14-Nov-2004 Episode 2
    21-Nov-2004 Episode 3
    05-Dec-2004 Episode 4
    12-Dec-2004 Episode 5
    16-Jan-2005 Episode 6
    23-Jan-2005 Episode 7
    06-Feb-2005 Episode 8
    13-Feb-2005 Episode 9
    20-Feb-2005 Series Finale
    Last edited by Qboots; 12-19-2004 at 10:13 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

LG.
    so we need to wait to see the contestant's artwork made of garbage. shoot.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I kind of doubt it has anything to do with Malcolm in the Middle, since one of tonight's Malcolm episodes was a rerun from last season. More likely they're just taking a break for Christmas, as many shows do.

Here is the episode schedule as per TV Tome: (thanks canastasamba!)

07-Nov-2004 Episode 1
    14-Nov-2004 Episode 2
    21-Nov-2004 Episode 3
    05-Dec-2004 Episode 4
    12-Dec-2004 Episode 5
    16-Jan-2005 Episode 6
    23-Jan-2005 Episode 7
    06-Feb-2005 Episode 8
    13-Feb-2005 Episode 9
    20-Feb-2005 Series Finale
    That schedule has to be incorrect, unless FOX plans to air "Boss" immediately following the Super Bowl (which they have this year).

Since I can't see them with new programming 1/16 (Golden Globes and possibly NFC Divisional Playoff) and 1/23 (AFC Championship Game on CBS), as well as 2/6 (Super Bowl), I suspect we won't have new episodes until February 13, unless they move "Boss" to another slot (which for now I would do on Thursdays at 9:00 PM while The Apprentice is on hiatus for a few weeks, doubling up January 13 with a finale if necessary).

It might be cancelled. Just like Playing It Straight.

I checked yesterday in Saturday's Yahoo TV guide listing, and it was still listed for tonight. It's sounds like FOX, though, to cancel a show once people become interested in it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet
    I checked yesterday in Saturday's Yahoo TV guide listing, and it was still listed for tonight. It's sounds like FOX, though, to cancel a show once people become interested in it.
    That's why I suspect what happened is, the producers of Malcolm In The Middle may have demanded an extra episode air last night (even if it was a repeat) to compensate for being pre-empted last week due to a football overrun. It's also possible that FOX stations in Baltimore, Washington and Indianapolis wound up carrying the Baltimore Ravens-Indianapolis Colts game (that while it aired nationally on ESPN had to also air on over-the-air stations in those cities due to NFL rules) and could not find a suitable time slot to air "Boss", thus forcing FOX to make changes at the last minute.

I suspect we'll find out the real truth at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    so we need to wait to see the contestant's artwork made of garbage. shoot.
    Really. I was looking for ideas for last minute Christmas presents. Still have to get the boss a little something.

FORT Fogey
    unk I thought you were the boss!

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoBurbs
    It might be cancelled. Just like Playing It Straight.
    That's exactly what I was thinking; they never came out and said that series was cancelled either until the last minute! And I don't know about anyone else, but I never did hear what the results of that show would have been.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast