+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by aylarue
    I would like to thank the people who said nice things about me. Yes...we read these. I had a lot of fun and would do it again in a second. Tonia.
    Tonia -- how do we really know it's you, Tonia?

Well, I'll take a leap of faith -- if it IS you I just want you to know that I was so glad to see you leave tonight!

You're the sweetest person they had on that show, and the best thing was for you to get away with your dignity and your self-respect still intact, just like you did.

You were definitely MY personal favorite, and that's why I'm glad you're not going to have to go through any more humiliation, etc. You did great!

Quote Originally Posted by aylarue
    I would like to thank the people who said nice things about me. Yes...we read these. I had a lot of fun and would do it again in a second. Tonia.
    If this is the real tonia ... I was pulling for you from day one! So sad to see your own catchphrase (best of the lot, I thought) used on you.

Questions ....!!
    1. Did you find out when you were "dismissed" about the show?
    2. Did you go home, or were you sequestered somewhere with the others?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie
    I was out of place. I wish I could answer your questions but I can't. I thank you for pulling for me though. I got hammered on these message boards about how ugly and fat I was. Hell....when you're standing next to the likes of those girls, the average lady is not going to look so great. When I first met everyone I thought I had stepped into a Gap commercial!

I'm thinking this is all a set-up for the audience...

Its getting harder for me to believe these contestants don't know something is up here. All 9 of them agree to sell bogus products? You'd think at least one would have the integrity to say "no" and walk out. Instead, they all agree to do so, and with significant gusto (including doing jumping jacks and stripping down to a bra to make sales).

The whole "give me a new termination slogan" thing is just so blatant. Don't these people wonder how this could be a serious show, considering how blatant a rip off it is from Apprentice? The contestants should be thinking, Ok this is a serious show. But its an awwwwful close show to the Apprentice. How is it different? Better? Uh, its really not either. But there has to be a hook. Hmmm..its on FOX....wait...d'oh!!!

I wouldn't put it past FOX to say it was all an act and we were duped.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    I'm assuming the producers have someone off to the side to stop the buyers and tell them this stuff is actual crap.
    I bet they refunded their money under the guise of being on the show. That way they could give them back their money and not have to tell them it was junk, thus ruining the other items they were selling later in the day.

I can't see how it would be otherwise legal to allow them to sell and lie about bogus items.

Gotta love the old guy that had Whitney do jumping jacks before he would buy. Can't take those memories back from him

This show is so funny. Last nights episode had me laughing out aloud while I was home alone. I almost get the feeling that Fox is pulling a fast one on the audience but I really hope not.
    Tonia, thanks for joining us and giving a little insight. You really should have stayed around longer.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    Even if it is, it's a hell of a lot funnier than most of the crap on TV now.

But then again, money makes people do stupid things.

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by Oculona
    I bet they refunded their money under the guise of being on the show. That way they could give them back their money and not have to tell them it was junk, thus ruining the other items they were selling later in the day.

I can't see how it would be otherwise legal to allow them to sell and lie about bogus items.

Gotta love the old guy that had Whitney do jumping jacks before he would buy. Can't take those memories back from him
    I hope you're right. That part fof the show disgusted and angered me. I know where that flea market is, and people who shop there are the ones who can least afford to be "scammed" out of some money. Those tampons look dangerous. Suppose someone actually tried to use them, or some guy took them home and said "Look, what I bought home, honey." I also noticed that when they were on Michigan Avenue they were selling real soup. But you go to a poorer, non-touristy area you want to sell bunk crap? That pisses me off.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    Its getting harder for me to believe these contestants don't know something is up here. All 9 of them agree to sell bogus products? You'd think at least one would have the integrity to say "no" and walk out. Instead, they all agree to do so, and with significant gusto (including doing jumping jacks and stripping down to a bra to make sales).

Ive been thinking the same thing. Otherwise, they all just committed fraud on National TV by selling bogus products!

I don't get why the word "crap" was bleeped in the show, and only bleeped selectively at that.

It was something like "you should be able to see a crap sandwich with a side of BLEEP and a crapsicle for desesrt." I can't remember exactly but I found it strange that it was sometimes bleeped but other times left in.

Is there some moronic bureaucratic FCC guideline about how many times crap can be said or whether it's okay as an adjective or modifier but not a noun?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678