+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 11/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This show is turning out better than I had even hoped for. Too funny. I like it better than Joe Schmo.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fan
    This show is great! If these contestants are any indication, I guess an Ivy League education ain't what it used to be.

Excalibur isn't even real!! lol

That's what cracked me up the most. These people are college and business school grads? They think excalibur, king arthur, etc., are real??

Does anyone else agree that it seems they've elimiated the most competent contestants these first two weeks? I know we've seen limited footage of them in a "business" environment, but Christie this week showed SOME ethics and also a solid idea in comparing the soup to the fast food, which I'm sure was comparatively priced in the Chicago area. And the fella last week, I remember him picking up on Todd's "tricks" pretty quickly in the boardroom. He seemed pretty sharp. The short guy and the blonde with glasses this week; they just didn't do anything for me.

Kao
    OMG, when that girl said "Know what looks good in your house? ME!" I thought to myself: My God, what a cheap whore to even say that in someone's house in from of their wife. Then she CONFIRMS it by saying "Hey, I don' t really want your husband...just your house!" Is it just me, or was that completely tacky?

esmattynd: I liked the guy who got fired last week, but the look on that chick's face when he told her "get the hell out of my office" this week was classic!

FORT Fan
    Hmmm....I had better hopes for this show - it seems kind of y most of the time.....I'm not really thrilled with the people they picked either......Honestly, if I were a 'contestant' I would have left by now.....you'd have to get the feeling something is up.....
    But I guess I'll give it another shot, although the previews for next week didn't look so great either

But we love here! Bring it on, and more of it!
    I'm with esmattynd-- the house tour was the funniest part, not just when the contestants thought Excalibur was real, but also when the "wife" asked "has anyone heard of Napoleon" , and "this is REAL gold on the walls" , anything she mentioned and they all started going oooh,ooh, yeah with great big head nods.
    I do also think they are eliminating the smarter contestants first, before they catch on. It won't be long before the remaining characters don't have a Mason jar full of brains between the lot, which should make it even funnier. I love this show
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    This is set up EXACTLY like The Apprentice, in that the opening scene shows the people who didn't go to the Boardroom are up in the suite talking about who is going to be leaving.

Then the surviving contestant comes back up.

It's set up just like The Apprentice, which really, really leads me to believe that Trump's the behind-the-scenes boss in this show.

There are just way, way too many similarities between how this show's presented and how The Apprentice is presented, that Trump would surely sue Fox for copying his ideas if he weren't involved with this one.

So the opening of this one's a lot like the opening of a typical Apprentice episode, in case anyone's wondering. . . .
    This show is a parody of The Apprentice, so there will be a lot of similarities. Nothing is impossible, but I would say it is a safe bet to say that Trump has nothing to do with this show.
    And if anyone were to sue the creators it would be Mark Burnett, not Donald Trump. All the ideas are his, not Trumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    The job for today is to sell hot bowls of soup to people out in the hot July sun.

Didn't this season of The Apprentice film last summer, too?

(Same contestant pool could have easily been used for both shows, perhaps???)
    You may be right about the both shows drawing from the same contestant pool. It is an easy way to find competitors for this type of show and saves them the trouble of having to set up their own large cattle call type auditions that the Apprentice did.
    A lot of the reality shows are cast by the same casting agents and it would be easy to get a dozen Apprentice rejects.

FORT Fan
    Hi,

Whatever happened to the punishment of the ladies' losing of the challenge? Last week, the men were asked to sleep in tents. What about this week? The show just did not show.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rt6970
    You may be right about the both shows drawing from the same contestant pool. It is an easy way to find competitors for this type of show and saves them the trouble of having to set up their own large cattle call type auditions that the Apprentice did.
    A lot of the reality shows are cast by the same casting agents and it would be easy to get a dozen Apprentice rejects.

Hi,

I noticed that the production company is same one as Joe Millionaire. So, it's likely that they used the same pool to save money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011