+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 11/07 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I thought the show was pretty funny but...

was I the only one who thought the boss was a little too "over the top" to be believeable? Hitting on the women, calling the one guy "short," using words like "crap" all the time? These people aren't THAT dumb are they?

And plus, his name and his company. Don't these contestants have internet access or phone access or anything? What if they try to find a website? Did they make a fake one? If he only gets like 1 hit on Goggle, isn't that a red flag? And a good contestant would do anything he/she could do now to get info on this crazy guy; how are the producers insuring against this? Did they sequester the contestants?

I just don't want to see anyone figure it out and I'm trying to think of all the ways that could happen.

Oh, and I agree with the poster opining Rupert Murdoch as the "boss" It makes a lot of sense.

I thought this show was lame, the actor playing the 'boss' is way over the top. The apprentice all ready is almost a parody of itself, and real life is much funnier than anything that could be scripted. Another dud, but it beats The Benefactor.

I thought this show was great, so funny! I am convinced the boss is someone ridiculous like Richard Simmons.
    I love how the contestants think this is a "real" show. I needed a good reality show that made the contestants look like idiots.

LG.
    I thought it was hilarious. I loved the contestants raving over the cheap champagne and crappy appetizers. Oh, and you can't keep the $10,000 stuffed in your feather bed. CHEESY! That was so funny. The first guy booted was the lucky one indeed.

Who is going to be making the decision? Stacie's magic 8 ball, perhaps? I'm thinking monkey or chicken, just picking between two options every week. Bonzo the Chimp is really calling the shots. I did like the bit about the project boss isn't going to be fired every week, though. Sometimes it's so true, it's more "reality" than the Apprentice.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    was I the only one who thought the boss was a little too "over the top" to be believeable? Hitting on the women, calling the one guy "short," using words like "crap" all the time? These people aren't THAT dumb are they?

And plus, his name and his company. Don't these contestants have internet access or phone access or anything? What if they try to find a website? Did they make a fake one? If he only gets like 1 hit on Goggle, isn't that a red flag? And a good contestant would do anything he/she could do now to get info on this crazy guy; how are the producers insuring against this? Did they sequester the contestants?

I just don't want to see anyone figure it out and I'm trying to think of all the ways that could happen.
    I had those same thoughts! First thing I would have done after he introduced his sidekick as his "chief operations officer" -- a dead giveaway that the guy doesn't have a business background -- would have been to Google the company.
    Eh, it might turn out to be a fun show, but it's no Joe Schmo.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

This was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Of course, going into the show, I was expecting nothing less than over-the-top antics. I was not disappointed. The look on the women's faces when they were told they won $10,000, and then those same faces when told they wouldn't actually be *keeping* the money. Priceless!

My only complaint so far is that I can't tell all the blondes apart. That goes for the guys as well as the gals.

I can see being fooled by the baloney pate, but the cheap champagne? I love how the thought of eating or drinking expensively made it all taste special. Hopefully, they will let them in on the joke to remind them of the first night.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by MaritimeGirl
    Let's see, male Chicago billionaires...

Sam Zell - real estate investment mogul, #100 of Forbes rich list
    Lester Crown - defense contractor/airplane manufacturing
    No. It's going to have to be someone really famous. It would be a huge let down for FOX if the real boss was revealed to be some locally-famous person.

They should want the players and home audience to gasp when they meet the real boss, not stand there with little question marks over their heads.
    -- Flash

Well, if Dan wasn't flushed because of his choice of suit, it begs the question: why was he picked to leave over Robert? Maybe he kept his cool too well, and they saw more comedic potential in Robert.

It still doesn't help me figure out who the mystery boss is. I did notice that they refer to him as a "he". Maybe it's Homer Simpson.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I had those same thoughts! First thing I would have done after he introduced his sidekick as his "chief operations officer" -- a dead giveaway that the guy doesn't have a business background -- would have been to Google the company.
    Eh, it might turn out to be a fun show, but it's no Joe Schmo.
    ??? Lots of company have Chief Operations Officers, COO's. What's the flub you are talking about?

+ Reply to Thread