+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Donald Trump Digs "MBFOB"

Donald Trump Digs "MBFOB"

'OBNOXIOUS'?
    DONALD DIGS IT

October 25, 2004 -- DONALD Trump — who has sniped and sneered at new shows that try to capture the boardroom drama of his hit "The Apprentice" — draws the line at "My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss."

That show — a fake-out reality spoof on Fox that debuts next month — he likes.

"I think it's honor," Trump tells The Post.

"We've been so successful with 'The Apprentice' that at least they have the guts to admit that it's a knockoff, a comedic knockoff."

"Obnoxious Boss" — which Fox has been heavily promoting during its post-season baseball telecasts — features a Trump-esque business tycoon running 12 corporate wannabes into the ground with ridiculous "Apprentice"-like tasks. A job with a seven-figure salary is promised to the winner.

The twist is that alleged Chicago real-estate king, N. Paul Todd, is actually an actor — William August. There's no job on the line and Todd's company does not exist.

August last week admited he studied Trump on hours of "Apprentice" tapes to prepare for the role.

"Obnoxious Boss" will have boardroom elimination and two advisors to counsel boss Todd, just like Trump has longtime aides George Ross and Carolyn Kepcher.

Instead of the catchy "You're fired!" kicker, August's dismissive line will be the slightly-less-melodic, "Get the hell out of my office!"

But the actor doesn't see "Obnoxious Boss" as simply a Trump tribute.

"While we're not really paying any homage to the show, we think we can take [the business-themed reality show] to a much bigger extreme and a much higher height," August said. "We're not limited by reality."

Trump says he's flattered by "Obnoxious Boss," but couldn't resist taking one more swipe at business-show rival Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, who hosted a copycat shows called "The Benfactor," on ABC.

"I'm grateful they at least have the courage to say it's a knockoff, unlike other shows like 'The Benefactor,' which is failing miserably," he said.

"The Benfactor" has been cut short by two episodes — but coming up is a new Trump challanger, Sir Richard Branson, the billionaire founder of Virgin.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/32614.htm

No matter what the situation, Trump likes to flatter himself. Maybe he thinks he'll pull in a few viewers for the end of Apprentice 2.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread